Napolean Dynamite - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Napolean Dynamite

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:19 pm

uh I watched this movie again last night, and it BLOWS. The girl I was with was watching for the first time and she thought it sucked too. Sure there are a few funny parts, but this is not a good movie. at all.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:21 pm

portisfan24 wrote:uh I watched this movie again last night, and it BLOWS. The girl I was with was watching for the first time and she thought it sucked too. Sure there are a few funny parts, but this is not a good movie. at all.

Freakin' idiot.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby kevinoc81 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:21 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Flockers wrote:The two funniest parts in that movie were Kip's spinning leg kick on Rex and when Kip drove over the tupperware, "Dangit!"

Agreed, those two and the steak in the face.

By far the funniest two parts:

1.) Seeing Kip get bitch-slapped three times at Rex-Kwon-Do.

2.) Rico hitting Napolean in the Face with Kip's steak. "That's what I'm talking about!"
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby brownslover » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:29 am

Sorry, I was a little slow to watch this movie. But noone's quoted my two favorites.

Rex Qwon Do: "Do you think anyone's gonna try a roundhouse kick to the face when I'm wearing these bad boys?"

When they're watching the Uncle Rico's football vid
Napoleon: "This is the worst movie ever"
Kip: "Napoleon, like anyone could even know that."
What's your fat ass doing here?

He's my only means of conveyance. Buuut I guess I do spoil him.
brownslover
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby chcbb » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:57 am

blue colt you're not crazy, this is a great movie. it's not the same type of comedy as dumb teen one's like american pie, it's deadpan humor a la "welcome to the dollhouse". i can see why a lot of people find it boring; it really focuses on capturing the feeling of this small town that "time forgot" (that's why it seems like it's set in the 80's but has modern stuff too) and less on the cheap laughs. so i agree it's not for everyone, but i personally love it.
GOSH!!
chcbb
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:58 pm

The part where the bully kicks Napoleon's pant leg with the tater-tots in it, kills me everytime I see it. Uncle Rico kills me when he's eating with Kip and tries to make his arms look bigger. I think I've actually seen people do that. :-b
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Purple_Pride » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:29 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:The part where the bully kicks Napoleon's pant leg with the tater-tots in it, kills me everytime I see it. Uncle Rico kills me when he's eating with Kip and tries to make his arms look bigger. I think I've actually seen people do that. :-b

speaking of uncle rico when he throws the steak at napoleans head: priceless.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Nilmerf » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:24 pm

It was a decent movie.. but I think it's weird how much hype it's getting since the DVD has been released. A bunch of girls I know are calling it the best movie ever? I don't understand that. But I enjoyed it despite the lack of plot.

My favourite thing about that movie was all the hyperbole that Napoleon used. "Worst video of ever made", "Worst reflexes of all time", "I already made like infinity of those at scout camp", etc.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:27 pm

OK i bit into the hype, bought the DVD. Im lacking to see the interest in this movie. It was made for 10gs well where did they spend all the money? Maybe im old and just dont get it anymore. Movie was way overhyped, i should have rented it.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:46 pm

I thought it was pretty funny. Its gotten a lot of hype, and though I find it funny and entertaining, it isnt THAT good. I got just as much or more as meet the parents out of it.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk