BRADY vs. BROOKS (final thoughts) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

BRADY vs. BROOKS (final thoughts)

Moderator: Football Moderators

BRADY vs. BROOKS (final thoughts)

Postby goleafsgo96 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:25 pm

Here is the original debate:

http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/v ... ks&start=0

Well in my scoring system, which i assume is the norm for most of the people around here, Brooks finished with 273 points, Brady with 271. Over an entire fantasy season thats basically a push, but it you wanna declare a better fantasy QB for this year you gotta say Brooks. Its funny how i was ridiculed by a bunch of people who just dont understand that theres a difference between real life and fantasy. I chose Brooms BTW, along with what, 30% or something like that, of the people that voted. All you people thats said "BRADY EASILY" or maybe "BROOKS CANT HOLD BRADYS JOCK STRAP" can now realize what i and 34=sweetness and BH and others talked about when we said Brooks may be the better fantasy option.
Image
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2879
Joined: 23 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: bitter about missing the playoffs

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:29 pm

I think its funny how people think they know everything before the season starts and then look like total jackasses after the season. That is why I love FF!
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8041
Joined: 6 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: C-Town, OH - Dawg Bone Country

Postby Mustangs989 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:31 pm

Very interesting read, it's always fun to look back at things such as this and the Portis vs. SA threads at the end of the season ;-D
Image
Image
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1906
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Kinnick

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:33 pm

I dont see why we have to bring up old debates. Yes most thought brady was better, when actually they turned out being about the same. Who cares?
Image
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6196
Joined: 4 May 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Canada

Re: BRADY vs. BROOKS (final thoughts)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:39 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:Here is the original debate:

http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/v ... ks&start=0

Well in my scoring system, which i assume is the norm for most of the people around here, Brooks finished with 273 points, Brady with 271. Over an entire fantasy season thats basically a push, but it you wanna declare a better fantasy QB for this year you gotta say Brooks. Its funny how i was ridiculed by a bunch of people who just dont understand that theres a difference between real life and fantasy. I chose Brooms BTW, along with what, 30% or something like that, of the people that voted. All you people thats said "BRADY EASILY" or maybe "BROOKS CANT HOLD BRADYS JOCK STRAP" can now realize what i and 34=sweetness and BH and others talked about when we said Brooks may be the better fantasy option.


your guy was 2 measly points ahead of brady. ha, you the man buddy. :-t
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 2131
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago.

Postby matmat » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:08 pm

lol. not to dig this topic anymore, but:

three different type of scoring leagues.

5pts pass TD, -2 pick, -3 fumble 6pts rush TD. 25 pass yds/point 15 rush yds/pt
Brooks 236.50
Brady 233.55


4,-3,-3,6,25,10
brooks 225.8
brady 205.8

standard yahoo:
brady 196
brooks 187


what I'd like to see is the standard deviation in the number of fantasy points scored by both this year per week. that might give us some clue as to the difference between them.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
Image
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1816
Joined: 12 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hovering over a keyboard.

Re: BRADY vs. BROOKS (final thoughts)

Postby goleafsgo96 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:12 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
goleafsgo96 wrote:Here is the original debate:

http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/v ... ks&start=0

Well in my scoring system, which i assume is the norm for most of the people around here, Brooks finished with 273 points, Brady with 271. Over an entire fantasy season thats basically a push, but it you wanna declare a better fantasy QB for this year you gotta say Brooks. Its funny how i was ridiculed by a bunch of people who just dont understand that theres a difference between real life and fantasy. I chose Brooms BTW, along with what, 30% or something like that, of the people that voted. All you people thats said "BRADY EASILY" or maybe "BROOKS CANT HOLD BRADYS JOCK STRAP" can now realize what i and 34=sweetness and BH and others talked about when we said Brooks may be the better fantasy option.


your guy was 2 measly points ahead of brady. ha, you the man buddy. :-t


Oh geez, not this kid again.

Maybe if you actually read ANY of the debate, youd see that sweetness and i and maybe others were actually ridiculed for considering brooks over brady. im not saying Brooks was WAY better than Brady, im saying it looks like Brooks CAN in fact compare to Brady.
Image
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2879
Joined: 23 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: bitter about missing the playoffs

Re: BRADY vs. BROOKS (final thoughts)

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:14 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
goleafsgo96 wrote:Here is the original debate:

http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/v ... ks&start=0

Well in my scoring system, which i assume is the norm for most of the people around here, Brooks finished with 273 points, Brady with 271. Over an entire fantasy season thats basically a push, but it you wanna declare a better fantasy QB for this year you gotta say Brooks. Its funny how i was ridiculed by a bunch of people who just dont understand that theres a difference between real life and fantasy. I chose Brooms BTW, along with what, 30% or something like that, of the people that voted. All you people thats said "BRADY EASILY" or maybe "BROOKS CANT HOLD BRADYS JOCK STRAP" can now realize what i and 34=sweetness and BH and others talked about when we said Brooks may be the better fantasy option.


your guy was 2 measly points ahead of brady. ha, you the man buddy. :-t


Oh geez, not this kid again.

Maybe if you actually read ANY of the debate, youd see that sweetness and i and maybe others were actually ridiculed for considering brooks over brady. im not saying Brooks was WAY better than Brady, im saying it looks like Brooks CAN in fact compare to Brady.


I got your back on this one leafs. I think its great to bring up old debates once the season is over.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8041
Joined: 6 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: C-Town, OH - Dawg Bone Country

Re: BRADY vs. BROOKS (final thoughts)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:55 pm

J2thez929 wrote:
goleafsgo96 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
goleafsgo96 wrote:Here is the original debate:

http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/v ... ks&start=0

Well in my scoring system, which i assume is the norm for most of the people around here, Brooks finished with 273 points, Brady with 271. Over an entire fantasy season thats basically a push, but it you wanna declare a better fantasy QB for this year you gotta say Brooks. Its funny how i was ridiculed by a bunch of people who just dont understand that theres a difference between real life and fantasy. I chose Brooms BTW, along with what, 30% or something like that, of the people that voted. All you people thats said "BRADY EASILY" or maybe "BROOKS CANT HOLD BRADYS JOCK STRAP" can now realize what i and 34=sweetness and BH and others talked about when we said Brooks may be the better fantasy option.


your guy was 2 measly points ahead of brady. ha, you the man buddy. :-t


Oh geez, not this kid again.

Maybe if you actually read ANY of the debate, youd see that sweetness and i and maybe others were actually ridiculed for considering brooks over brady. im not saying Brooks was WAY better than Brady, im saying it looks like Brooks CAN in fact compare to Brady.


I got your back on this one leafs. I think its great to bring up old debates once the season is over.


hey i have no problem with bringing back old posts. but at least bring them back when you have a valid point. hes saying hes the man because his guy outscored the other by 2 points. gimmie a break. and the truth of the matter is brady outscored brooks this year. if you want to toot your own horn, im all for that, but this is just stupid.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 2131
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago.

Re: BRADY vs. BROOKS (final thoughts)

Postby goleafsgo96 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:02 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
J2thez929 wrote:
goleafsgo96 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
goleafsgo96 wrote:Here is the original debate:

http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/v ... ks&start=0

Well in my scoring system, which i assume is the norm for most of the people around here, Brooks finished with 273 points, Brady with 271. Over an entire fantasy season thats basically a push, but it you wanna declare a better fantasy QB for this year you gotta say Brooks. Its funny how i was ridiculed by a bunch of people who just dont understand that theres a difference between real life and fantasy. I chose Brooms BTW, along with what, 30% or something like that, of the people that voted. All you people thats said "BRADY EASILY" or maybe "BROOKS CANT HOLD BRADYS JOCK STRAP" can now realize what i and 34=sweetness and BH and others talked about when we said Brooks may be the better fantasy option.


your guy was 2 measly points ahead of brady. ha, you the man buddy. :-t


Oh geez, not this kid again.

Maybe if you actually read ANY of the debate, youd see that sweetness and i and maybe others were actually ridiculed for considering brooks over brady. im not saying Brooks was WAY better than Brady, im saying it looks like Brooks CAN in fact compare to Brady.


I got your back on this one leafs. I think its great to bring up old debates once the season is over.


hey i have no problem with bringing back old posts. but at least bring them back when you have a valid point. hes saying hes the man because his guy outscored the other by 2 points. gimmie a break. and the truth of the matter is brady outscored brooks this year. if you want to toot your own horn, im all for that, but this is just stupid.


Oh my god... please dont post in here again. For the last time, i never said Brooks was going to outscore Brady by a ton, all i said was "BROOKS AND BRADY ARE VERY SIMILAR FANTASY WISE" and you kno what.. i was dead on!

Go back and read the first page of that thread kid, and youll see a bunch of people saying how Brady is waaay better than brooks, then on the 2nd or 3rd page youll see where i said somethink like this
"Brady and Brooks are very similar fantasy wise"
And i was right on.
And thats not even what i brought up this thread for. it was orignally for what otehrs thought of the whole debate. See its called "final thoughts"

For the record, i never called myself the man, or even hinted at it. Please ignore this kid until he actually learns the facts of what that debate was all about. Blah.
Image
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2879
Joined: 23 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: bitter about missing the playoffs

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 0:42 hours
(and 44 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact