Dumbest Announcer in History?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Dumbest Announcer in History??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dumbest Announcer in History??

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:29 pm

Ok, Theisman is bad, Madden is annoying. But c'mon, who's announcing this Auburn/Va Tech game? It sounds like Terry Bowden to me, but don't quote me on that.

The best part is that it's not just that he's bad, it's that he's flat out wrong over and over and over again.

For instance, on that play where Va Tech had it inside the 10 and Randall rolled right and threw left, he talked for a solid minute about how Auburn spent all week practicing defending that play in which the TE drags to the left where Randall rolls right and throws back to his left.

So he talks about how they run it and how Auburn practiced against it for a solid minute before finally showing the replay. Before it rolls he says "now watch as the TE drags to the left" and even draws the little line where the TE is gonna be rolling.

He rolls the replay, and the TE stays in to block. He keeps saying "now watch as he sells the block then rolls left and Randall fires it in to him." Only the TE never went out for a route and stayed in to block the whole time. The guy Randall threw to was a WR who was actually rolling right with Randall (not to the left) and Randalls just threw it to his back shoulder. It wasn't even tough to tell, because the TE is white and the WR is black. He didn't say "oh my mistake" or anything, but just ignored that fact that the TE that he drew a route out for never moved.

Much of the same the rest of the way.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nilmerf » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:37 pm

The worst part was when one of the guys compared Bryan Randall to Michael Vick..
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Flockers » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:54 pm

It is Terry Bowden. God, I turned it off because of his menacing voice. :-o
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:33 pm

Flockers wrote:It is Terry Bowden. God, I turned it off because of his menacing voice. :-o

Yeah, it's Bowden all right. He's not a real announcer, just a poor analyst. He's only covering the game because he coached at Auburn, then sucked it up and was fired.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby dave416 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:54 pm

Although this isn't college, its gotta be Bill Walton. Once, after a Garnett offensive foul, he proclaimed that "He should take a lesson from Shaq, he never throws his elbows like that." His fellow commentators went on to rip him for that. He also said in a later game that "Robert Horry is the best defensive player in the NBA." His fellow commentators went on to agree that he was probably about the 5th best in that game.

He rarely make sense and his comments are so off the wall that it makes it impossible to watch the NBA (as if you needed anymore reason to turn off these snoozefests).
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:28 pm

I dislike ESPN Sunday Night... so very, very much (damn you, Theismann!). Anyone else know Theismann changed his name to have is sound like Heisman? What a pompous tool. His birthname actually rhymes with something like Cheesemann.

Anyway, besides those clowns, I believe it was Boomer who said (I may be wrong on WHO said it, and I didn't dislike Boomer before this, so bear with me) "T.J. Duckett may be the primary power back in Atlanta, but Warrick Dunn is also a very strong and powerful runner.

Correct me if I'm wrong, or if I fell into some backwards dimension, but Dunn is a light, quick runner, and to suggest he is a power back is not only stupid, but personally offensive to my brain... which now hurts when I think about it.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to College Football