Superbowl Blackhorse - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Superbowl Blackhorse

Moderator: Football Moderators

Superbowl Blackhorse

Postby Bennett4prez » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:27 pm

Alright, my sleeper for the Superbowl is...the Minnesota Vikings (duh). But, let me explain.

First of all, the Vikings are going to be playing in a rivalry game, so realistically, they can win. I know the Packers beat the Vikings two times this season, but it was by a combined 6 points and on both occasion the Vikings scored over 30 points. Prediction: Vikings 35, Packers 34.

If the Vikings can pull that off, they will face an Eagles team who haven't played their "A-Game" since Owens' season-ending injury a couple weeks back. Their rhythm could be SERIOUSLY off. Prediction: Vikings 27, Eagles 22

Then, come the Falcons. The same franchise that beat the record-setting 15-1 Vikings in the NFC Championship. One word: Revenge. Watch Randy Moss silence all the critics and walk away with 150 and 3 scores as the Vikings beat the Falcons in a shootout. Prediction: Vikings 44, Falcons 39

Finally, the Superbowl. An experience the Vikings have waited 28 years for. Their opponents, the inexperienced Big Ben. Watch Roethlisberger's nerves get the best of him as Antoine Winfield becomes Superbowl MVP and leads the Vikings to a hard-fought win. Prediction: Vikings 27, Steelers 21.

Bring on the rebuttals.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Atog » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:47 pm

I don't think we'll be seeing the steelers in the Super Bowl. I think that the Chargers will be going pretty far.

SD over Jets-With both teams having decent RBs and decent running defense, they'll look to the air, where Brees+Gates will outpreform Pennington and Moss.

SD over Pitts-Another game that will be won through the air, i don't think that Ben will be able to pull it off despite better recieving talent.

SD over Colts-The game ended in OT the last time they played, and it's hard to lose that close twice to the same team in so short a time frame

SD-Pats? This is a hard one-Dillion won't have a easy time against SD's run defense, but Brady should be able to pass through their relitively poor passing defense-SD will be able to switch between running and passing, which is good news for them.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby roninmedia » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:40 pm

Not that big of a dark horse, but I think the Colts will go to the super bowl.

Wildcard Round:
Colts destroy the Broncos. Colts go up early. Shanahan abandons the run. Freeney eats up Plummer and the secondary gets confidence eating up his bad throws. 31-17.

Divisional Round:
Colts beat the Patriots. They also won it the last two meetings. They won't get this one get away. Vandy won't miss field-goals and Edge won't cough it up. 27-20.

AFC Championship game.
Colts get revenge on the Jets for that 41-0 embarassment last year. 41-10.
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Flux » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:01 pm

Im confused, like a week ago you were ready to disown the Vikings completely, and now you think they are going to win it all.... ;-7
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Justifiable_Sin » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:35 pm

AFC SuperBowl Menu

Campbells Chunky Soup (Eagles)
Water Fowl (Seahawks)
RoadRunner (Falcons)
Processed Mystery Food (Packers)
Lamb Chops (Rams)
Swedish Meat Balls (Vikings)

Regardless of which one of these darkhorses makes it alive through the NFC glue factory play-offs....

....its Bon Appetit.....for the AFC
***A clear conscience is only a clear sign of a horrible memory***
Justifiable_Sin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Location: on foot...approximately 40 miles south of the mental institution

Postby Bennett4prez » Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:40 pm

Justifiable_Sin wrote:AFC SuperBowl Menu

Water Fowl (Seahawks)
RoadRunner (Falcons)
Lamb Chops (Rams)

Regardless of which one of these darkhorses makes it alive through the NFC glue factory play-offs....

\

Hungry?
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:34 pm

vikings may -- an explosive o is always dangerous. But, i doubt it. They can't stop anyone.

And as far as playing an "a" game, correct me if I am wrong, but its not like the vikes were tearing up the league. what did they finish with a 3-7 tear? The eagles obviously threw the last two games and didn't look great against the redskins (incidentally whom the vikes lost to) and the cowboys, playing semi-vanilla in bad conditions. For the record, they destroyed those teams earlier. The point about the eagles not having played their "a" game is well taken, and could be a factor.

But, given that there isn't a team other than the falcons who have anything going for them on defense. (take a look at the nfc scoring defense stats, and bear in mind that until the last week, the eagles were number 1 in the category) I just don't see it. Owens doesn't play defense, and the eagles d did a good job on the vikes earlier in the year -- the d has only gotten better with trotter.

I think the eagles make it this year (only to be creamed, but I'll take it) by beating the packers. I just don't see the vikes, rams or hawks being able to do it, their defense are too injured and too flawed when healthy.

rhythym is an issue, but seriously, its not as if the eagles aren't some veteran team. Mcnabb has been playing with those guys for a few years now, and does have the benefit of tons of practice against a defensive unit that is loaded. I know its not the same, but its not like there are any defensive units like the bucs, steelers or pats out there for the first few rounds.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:09 pm

As a sleeper, I like the Chargers. I think they can go pretty far.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby matmat » Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:46 pm

Justifiable_Sin wrote:AFC SuperBowl Menu

Water Fowl (Seahawks)
RoadRunner (Falcons)
Lamb Chops (Rams)

Classic!
I would have gone for lutefisk with the vikings, but hey, can't really do wrong with swedish meatballs, can you? hhmmmm... gelatinous consistency fish.... mhmmmm lutefisk mhmmmm....
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Colts out of the AFC. Not much of a sleeper but anyone other than NE & PIT is a sleeper.

NFC lets go with the Pack. Good offense & they can play in the cold weather.
Who da man? Sp_Da_Man !
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk