Superbowl Blackhorse - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Superbowl Blackhorse

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:46 pm

From the beginning of the season, my darkhorses were Jacksonville and Green Bay. I guess JAX is out, but I think my NFC darkhorse will not only make it, but win... so Favre can get an Elwayesque farewell from the NFL.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:07 pm

was it you or zimm that predicting around week 10 or so that the vikes would run the table and win the nfc north?

My "darkhorse" is Denver. They will still lose to the Pats though :-b
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Rico The Retard » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:17 pm

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets
"No I Will Not Make Out With You" --Billy Madison

Rico The Retard
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fantasizing » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:46 pm

I think it will be Indy versus Green Bay in the superbowl.

Green Bay just seems like the best bet out of the NFC.

Philly is going nowhere without TO. Who are we kidding here. Besides, McNabb has not even played with his leftover recievers for the last 2 games. Philly's out.

Atlanta (Vick) will choke. Their offense just can't compete with the other NFC powerhouse offenses. And even their defense is not all that good.

Minnesota, Seattle, and St.Louis all have good offenses but really really lousy defenses. Because Green Bay is at home and because they can outscore Minnesota is a shootout, I'm picking them to prevail.

Seattle or St.Louis, doesn't really matter. It will be another shootout but whoever wins gets slaughtered in the next round.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:52 pm

i think it will be san diego vs GB with the chargers taking it ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby fantasizing » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:04 pm

i haven't seen a chargers game this year. Is San Diego really that good??? how did they improve so much over a year ago??
Seems kinda remarkable because most of us at the beginning of the season would have predicted them to go like 1 and 15 or something.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Atog » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:09 pm

fantasizing wrote:i haven't seen a chargers game this year. Is San Diego really that good??? how did they improve so much over a year ago??
Seems kinda remarkable because most of us at the beginning of the season would have predicted them to go like 1 and 15 or something.

before they lost to Indy in OT, they were on about a 10 game winning streak.
so yeah, with Brees having a career year, LT producing as usual, and Gates redefining the position of TE, they're doing pretty good.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:34 am

Atog wrote:
fantasizing wrote:i haven't seen a chargers game this year. Is San Diego really that good??? how did they improve so much over a year ago??

before they lost to Indy in OT, they were on about a 10 game winning streak.
so yeah, with Brees having a career year, LT producing as usual, and Gates redefining the position of TE, they're doing really good.

I edited it for you guys.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Cooner » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:42 am

Bennett4Prez wrote: Their opponents, the inexperienced Big Ben. Watch Roethlisberger's nerves get the best of him

Atog wrote:SD over Pitts-Another game that will be won through the air, i don't think that Ben will be able to pull it off despite better recieving talent.

keep doubting Ben... we like it when you do that...

The Vikings will find a way to self-destruct, i'm not worried about them. I'm slightly worried about SD, but they're really just the same team as the Steelers, just not quite as good in any part (with the exception of LT). I guess the team I'm MOST worried about is the Colts, who can put up more points on any D than the Steelers could put up on Indy's D. The key to that game would be a bruising run offense that keeps Peyton off the field. Anyone from the NFC is, well, a lunch menu at the glue factory...
Best... fantasy advice... EVER. :D

[quote]Always play the players who will get you the most points[/quote]
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:44 am

Philly is going nowhere without TO. Who are we kidding here. Besides, McNabb has not even played with his leftover recievers for the last 2 games. Philly's out.

what defense left is better than philly's? seriously? They keep points off the board and with trotter back have done well against the run.

funny, the offense without TO was good enough to make it to the championship game the other years, now they have westbrook back. incidnetally the team is almost totally healthy now. Its not as if mcnabb hasn't played with any of those receivers before.

Its all too trite to write them off because of TO. It seems everyone picks against them, but the thinking is nebulous.

Momentum? who really has it anyway? no one left. The eagles did finish their season 6-2. And the two games were on purpose. gimmie a break.

The eagles beat the pack twice last year without TO -- and their defense was better, and the eagles were weaker. The overall team improved this year (they would have westbrook and kearse now).
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk