Superbowl Blackhorse - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Superbowl Blackhorse

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Atog » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:52 pm

i think that the Eagles will be able to produce without Owens- McNabb is an excellent QB, and Westbrook is great at recieving and rushing. I'll be suprised if they do as bad as so many people expect them to.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:04 pm

fantasizing wrote:Green Bay just seems like the best bet out of the NFC.

Philly is going nowhere without TO. Who are we kidding here. Besides, McNabb has not even played with his leftover recievers for the last 2 games. Philly's out.

Uggh, not this tired argument again. The Packers don't match up well against the Eagles. Westbrook, TO is what beat them (heartily might I add) and even without TO look at the 2005 Pack vs. 2005 Eagles compared to last year (in which the Eagles beat them twice). If you look at the rosters for those games you find that even minus TO the Eagles are far more improved then they were last year on defense and offense, whereas the Packers may be slightly better on offense (the emergence of Walker), but substantially weaker on defense.

If anyone beats the Eagles it will be the Vikings, but I wouldn't bet money on anyone actually doing it.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:43 pm

Broncos
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:05 pm

I have said the Colts since day 1, so I will stick with them. They have a tough road ahead though.

I like Green Bay out of the NFC too.

Both teams have very tough games to get there though.

Should be very interesting!!!
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:00 pm

anyone out of the nfc is the darkhorse in my book. SD or the Jets can wipe any team this conference sends.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:20 pm

I think the NY JETs is the darkhorse that everyone is overlooking. General consensus has them losing to the Chargers in the first round, but I see them as the only wildcard team in the NFL that has a shot at making the big game.

#1- Their defense is in the upper echelon of the NFL.

I believe they are ranked in the top10, maybe even top5, overall defenses in the NFL. And we all know that you need a defense to win a championship. When was the last time a team with an average defense won the Super Bowl?

I read somewhere that teams with a top8 defense have won the Super Bowl the last 20 something years. This virtually eliminates all teams except NE, PITT, NYJ, and PHI from contention for the Super Bowl title this year. The only other team I would view as a possible candidate without having the requisite ability to play defense is the Falcon's due to the Michael Vick factor.

-----
#2- They have the weapons in place on offense to score enough points to win.

Curtis Martin won the rushing title. Lamont Jordan is a more than capable backup. Chad Pennington is efficient enough to keep the game in control. Justin McCarreins and Santana Moss are talented enough to threaten the big play.

-----
#3- Herm Edwards

Everyone seems to look past this guy when you're thinking of the top coaches in the NFL. Herm Edwards seems to surprise everyone every other year as he continually goes to the playoffs when people least expect.

All the pieces to the puzzle are there for a team that plays good enough defense and smart enough offense to win tough games. If this team can eliminate their mistakes and limit turnovers, I can see them beating anyone in the league.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby mtryanks12 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:44 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I think the NY JETs is the darkhorse that everyone is overlooking. General consensus has them losing to the Chargers in the first round, but I see them as the only wildcard team in the NFL that has a shot at making the big game.

#1- Their defense is in the upper echelon of the NFL.

I believe they are ranked in the top10, maybe even top5, overall defenses in the NFL. And we all know that you need a defense to win a championship. When was the last time a team with an average defense won the Super Bowl?

I read somewhere that teams with a top8 defense have won the Super Bowl the last 20 something years. This virtually eliminates all teams except NE, PITT, NYJ, and PHI from contention for the Super Bowl title this year. The only other team I would view as a possible candidate without having the requisite ability to play defense is the Falcon's due to the Michael Vick factor.

-----
#2- They have the weapons in place on offense to score enough points to win.

Curtis Martin won the rushing title. Lamont Jordan is a more than capable backup. Chad Pennington is efficient enough to keep the game in control. Justin McCarreins and Santana Moss are talented enough to threaten the big play.

-----
#3- Herm Edwards

Everyone seems to look past this guy when you're thinking of the top coaches in the NFL. Herm Edwards seems to surprise everyone every other year as he continually goes to the playoffs when people least expect.

All the pieces to the puzzle are there for a team that plays good enough defense and smart enough offense to win tough games. If this team can eliminate their mistakes and limit turnovers, I can see them beating anyone in the league.

I agree with almost all of this, btu I don't think that they are good enough overall to shut down threats (Pats, SD, IND, etc..). With luck, they could make it to the AFC championship, but in my mind they won't go past that.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby kevinoc81 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:47 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:I have said the Colts since day 1, so I will stick with them. They have a tough road ahead though.

I like Green Bay out of the NFC too.

Both teams have very tough games to get there though.

Should be very interesting!!!

Those were my picks exactly. A little worried about Indy having to face (most likely) N.E. and Pitt both on the road. I think if Green Bay gets past Minnesota, they should beat Atlanta and get to the NFC championship at least.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby petedog9 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:46 pm

Steelers vs Falcons

If you recall(I think it was last year) when the Falcons came to the Steelers and played a game for the ages. Over 1000 yds in total offense and it wound up a TIE . These two teams have some unfinished business. The last play was a Hail Mary that Burress caught and the 6 inch line as time expired.... It was a game for the ages....... You heard it here first....

Pittsburgh Vs Atlanta Pitt 31 Atl 27
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:41 pm

Now that Terrell Owens is on the shelf, I think the Packers are very capable of beating anyone in the NFC. It's so wide open in the NFC, almost anyone could go to Jacksonville. In the AFC, just about everyone is thinking Pitt or New England, but nothing would make this die-hard fan happier than seeing my beloved Colts win it all.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk