Chargers Owner is an IDIOT - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chargers Owner is an IDIOT

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:05 pm

Hindsight Mr Spanos looks like an amazing owner. This year alone. But his reputation from years past and future is very very poor. The Chargers were 4-12 last season. And for the decade they are just as bad.

He is very lucky this season. That does not directly correlate to his intelligence. Since this is only the first time they have made the playoffs since Stan "hampster" Humphries. I truly believe this year to be an aberation of sorts. Being a semi-charger fan. I lived in SD during HS. So i developed a small place for them in my heart.

And my original comment about the assistant coaches should have included coordinators.

He is a cheap guy. The Rivers situation turned out great. By accident. Oh well.

I am not jealous being a raider fan. Because the Raiders deserve to be in the hole that their owner created. Hey im a realist not some lofty fan who thinks only the raiders exist. I am glad the Chargers are in the playoffs and the offense is hitting on all cylinders. The defense is very young and giving up points. Not exactly the best defense in the league. But good enough. The offense and the defense have a very good balance.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:08 pm

bagobonez wrote:
eaglesrule wrote:i'd say he is pretty smart. He ripped the giants off pretty nice I think. And didn't they trade with atlanta or something? i think I'd rather have LT and brees than vick at this point.

I think I'd rather have Brees alone than Vick at this point. ;-)

Hopefully the Chargers' owner will continue to be a penny pincher so that Brees will indeed become a free agent and Dallas can sign him.

YES!! Cheers to Spanos and his cheap ways!! Go Spanos!! You can't have 2 high priced QBs. Thats not smart penny pinching!!
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:14 pm

I think he is looking pretty good right now myself. Stockpiling all those picks, signing LT to a monster deal, and improving 8 games over a year ago.

I think they deserve some kudos instead.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk