Let the Rebuilding Begin! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Let the Rebuilding Begin!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:35 pm

I agree with what has been said about Donahue and York and, although I'm not a fan, think Erickson was slightly screwed but this is business so he had to take the fall too. Dratwise, the Niners will probably take Leinart but would be better to move down and accumulate more 1st day draft picks because they need help EVERYWHERE. In fact, the LEAST of their problems is having Rattay as their Opening Day QB next year.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:00 am

The Niner's are not really as bad as we looked in 2004, key injuries brought down our season from the beginning. We lost our best OL, an All-Pro LB, both of our starting CBs, starting safety, and a partridge and a pear tree... you get the picture.
Couple that with the offseason losses of our "Pro Bowl" QB, All-Pro WR, CB, OL, pear tree yada yada. It's pretty tough when you're playing with backups to the practice squad guys....

Next year I think our defense will rebound from mediocre to "average" barring more crippling injuries. Obviously we could use a lot of help in a lot of different areas, but I don't think the Niner's will pass up the chance to draft a franchise QB, especially considering that the Niner's rarely have a lottery draft pick. I honestly can't remember the last time the Niner's had a top5 pick let alone the #1 overall selection. If our new GM squanders this opportunity to acquire a couple extra second and third round picks I will seriously attempt to bean him with a beer cup if I ever see him on the sideline at a game.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk