Delhomme - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Delhomme

Moderator: Football Moderators

Delhomme

Postby Ironhorse75 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:37 am

Anyone considering him for next years draft? The horrible first portion of his season this year may cause him to fly under the radar.

7 TD's, 10 INT in the first six, 22 TD 5 INT in the final 10 games.

If he can start off next year with the same amount of confidence he picked up mid-season this year, along with having his weapons back.... he could do some damage.
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Justifiable_Sin » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:43 am

Delhomme will likely slip farther down than he really should in many drafts

obviously I would like to steal him as a backup to my primary QB draft selection ...but would not feel uncomfortable in the least starting Jake on a semi-regular basis either

Hopefully ...the off-season will only strengthen his prospectus
***A clear conscience is only a clear sign of a horrible memory***
Justifiable_Sin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football
Location: on foot...approximately 40 miles south of the mental institution

Postby matmat » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:37 am

with my luck I'll end up with aaron brooks as my first starter so I will have to use Delhomme 2/3 of the time anyway.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Flux » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:18 am

If they can get Muhammad back and then have S. Smith and Davis/Foster healthy and back, CAR could be a huge force and that includes Delhomme.

One thing to worry/think about though, is if Davis and Foster are back, they may run a lot more than they did this year, which could cause Delhommes value to drop
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cooner » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:32 am

Flux wrote:If they can get Muhammad back and then have S. Smith and Davis/Foster healthy and back, CAR could be a huge force and that includes Delhomme.

One thing to worry/think about though, is if Davis and Foster are back, they may run a lot more than they did this year, which could cause Delhommes value to drop

wasn't Goings getting 25ish touches a game in the later stages anyway?
Best... fantasy advice... EVER. :D

[quote]Always play the players who will get you the most points[/quote]
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Flux » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:30 pm

Cooner wrote:
Flux wrote:If they can get Muhammad back and then have S. Smith and Davis/Foster healthy and back, CAR could be a huge force and that includes Delhomme.

wasn't Goings getting 25ish touches a game in the later stages anyway?

Yeah, he did get a ton of attempts, I guess I didnt realize exactly how many ;-7 ... wow

The thing is though, CAR had an incredibly easy schedule from week 9 or so on. So perhaps a lot of Delhommes success and Goings attempts came from the weak defenses and then wanting to run out the clock at the end. So perhaps things are inflated b/c of that

09 - OAK
10 - @ SF
11 - ARI
12 - TB
13 - @ NO
14 - @ STL
15 - @ ATL
16 - @ TB
17 - NO

TB does not nearly have the same kind of D that they used to, but Delhomme did blow up on ATL

I dont know...just trying to play the devils advocate here. I think a lot of his value is going to be determined by who comes back and their schedule (duh...) and thats still a ways a way to find out
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:33 pm

matmat wrote:with my luck I'll end up with aaron brooks as my first starter so I will have to use Delhomme 2/3 of the time anyway.

funny you mention that, because that was my scenario this year. i drafted both brooks and delhomme. of course when delhomme started slipping early in the season i dumped him for brees.

anyways..having to do with returning talent...i have my doubts davis will be back. supposedly he wont even be able to walk for a while now after his knee surgery.. the same surgery that foster(who is a lot younger of course) had and kept him out the entire next season. foster is a great back, but im sure he wont get much more love than goings did. 25 carries a game is quite a bit.

receiver wise...they are going to be dangerous. with smith back...mushin( didnt i hear rumors that he might be leaving after this season) and the emergence of colbert.. they should be a force.

if they can do a little tuning on their defense this off season and get it back to where it was last year...that could also make a big impact in keeping jake and that offense on the field more.

i have a good feeling about him right now, i think he might slide under the wire a bit if you arent in a really competetive league, but he just went fifth overrall in qbs in our " extremely early mock" draft here in the cafe...over guys like brees, bulger, brooks,favre, hass, brady and vick...so i wouldnt expect to get him really late if the guys know what they are doing.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:46 pm

With a healthy running attack look for Delhomme's number to possibly be even better. 25 rushes a game will still allow 30-35 throws for Delhomme a game. Plus he'll be even better with a healthy Steve Smith and a hopefully still there Muhsin. He's a big sleeper pick for next year.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:40 pm

In my opinion, Delhomme will ahve what it taked to be a #1 QB next year. With Moose and Smith back (hopefully), they will have one of the best recieveing groups in the NFL, and no matter who starts as RB, they won't get more touches than Goings did (25 pg AVG) so he will still be able to pass some. He'll be the sleeper QB in the draft in my mind.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Nilmerf » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:04 pm

The fact that some of you are considering him for your second QB shows how really overlooked he is. He was 5th or 6th in fantasy scoring this year, with upside for next year as well. Unless you're in like a 4 team league, there's no reason why he shouldn't be a #1 QB.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk