So pretty much everyone is writing the 15-1 Steelers off... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

So pretty much everyone is writing the 15-1 Steelers off...

Moderator: Football Moderators

So pretty much everyone is writing the 15-1 Steelers off...

Postby davus » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:53 pm

I hardly see anyone but Steelers fans saying that Pittsburgh will make and/or take the big game.

Why is that? Ben is too inexperienced?

That is their only flaw, an inexperienced QB and look how far he's taken them. THey have the # 1 defense in the playoffs and the # 1 ground game in the AFC. I don't see why more people don't have any faith in this Steeler's team.

:-?
davus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 119
Joined: 21 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bennett4prez » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:00 pm

The last team to go 15-1 was the 1998 Minnesota Vikings led by rookie WR Randy Moss.

They lost in the NFC Championship to the 14-2 Falcons.

This year: Steelers led by rookie QB Ben Roethlisberger. They will lose to the 14-2 New England Patriots.
Image
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2078
Joined: 6 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Minnesota

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:09 pm

the steelers didnt play either san diego or the colts this season...and when they beat the patriots, they didnt have dillon. im not saying the steelers dont have a chance..i personally pick them 3rd behind the colts and the bolts tho.
Image
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15165
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Giggity Giggity

Postby davus » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:37 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:the steelers didnt play either san diego or the colts this season...and when they beat the patriots, they didnt have dillon. im not saying the steelers dont have a chance..i personally pick them 3rd behind the colts and the bolts tho.


The Patriots won the Super Bowl without Dillon and stopping the run is the forte of the Steelers' D.
davus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 119
Joined: 21 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Atog » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:50 pm

davus wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:the steelers didnt play either san diego or the colts this season...and when they beat the patriots, they didnt have dillon. im not saying the steelers dont have a chance..i personally pick them 3rd behind the colts and the bolts tho.


The Patriots won the Super Bowl without Dillon and stopping the run is the forte of the Steelers' D.


but Dillion did for for 100+ versus Baltimore and 100+ combined against the Jets, both strong run defenses.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 4660
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 11 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Ann Arbor

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:13 pm

Atog wrote:
davus wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:the steelers didnt play either san diego or the colts this season...and when they beat the patriots, they didnt have dillon. im not saying the steelers dont have a chance..i personally pick them 3rd behind the colts and the bolts tho.


The Patriots won the Super Bowl without Dillon and stopping the run is the forte of the Steelers' D.


but Dillion did for for 100+ versus Baltimore and 100+ combined against the Jets, both strong run defenses.
Right, and so they hold Dillon to under 100 yards, he still opens up the passing game even more for Brady.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5603
Joined: 20 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nilmerf » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:21 pm

I definitely say the Steelers win the Super Bowl. I thought it would be a cliche pick, but I guess not. Beating the hottest team in the AFC with your backups signifies some quality depth. This team is a machine!
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2059
Joined: 17 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: BC

Postby LT Blue Colt » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:43 pm

I love what the Steelers have done, and the unexpected future that lays before them. I'm not sure if they're the team to win it all, but I am sure I'm going to love watching Pittsburg make and break the whole AFC playoffs. But, anyway, my picks are Indy vs. Philly in the Super Bowl. It'll be a good game, and I'm not sure who'll win, but I'm routing for Philly!

Just to make it clear though, I'm a Lions fan, which most likely for eternity will give me the free will to route for whoever I want in the Super Bowl ! :-D
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1426
Joined: 5 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Intersection of M32 and Old 27

Postby Arlo » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:33 am

Count me among those who aren't writing the Steelers off. The AFC is awfully tough to predict this year, but you certainly have to include the Steelers in the list of teams with a solid shot at reaching the big game.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6631
Joined: 4 Jan 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The 50 yard line

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:45 am

I am not writing them off, but I am definitely interested in seeing a possible Steelers Colts game next weekend. That would be very exciting. I like the chances of the winner of that one making it to the Super Bowl.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 22027
Joined: 3 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Has Left The Premises.

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 7:39 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact