Reflect on 2004. Project for 2005. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Chicago Bears

Reflect on 2004. Project for 2005.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby kevinoc81 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:58 am

I can't see passing on Williams or Edwards for Mush or Mason. Both of them will only be able to contribute for a couple more years. If Porter was still out there that would be nice, but he is gone.

Seriously, is Randle El a free agent? All the talk has been about Plax so I haven't heard anything about this. Is he a free agent or would you want us to trade for him? If trade, who?

A stud lineman would be nice, but as I said above, I don't see him coming at the 4 spot. Also, I read today that the Bears are really only 2.5 mil under the cap or something when you count Tait and Ogunleye roster bonuses and most lineman available will be more expensive than that.

They also are going to be concentrating on finding a QB so they don't repeat last year's mistake, that is unless they have faith in Hutch and George.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:19 pm

I can totally handle George as a backup to Rex.I think he still has some skills.But seriously,if they don't sign at least one proven WR to throw it to,we may as well get Cade McNown back because it won't make a bit of difference.Mason could play for another 3-4 years at least,but that would depend on his asking price.I agree,Porter was the goal,but that's over.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby ironman » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:59 am

Jeff George is a cancer. He needs to go. :-t
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kevinoc81 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:35 am

ironman wrote:Jeff George is a cancer. He needs to go. :-t

Jeff George was released with Quinn.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Goatwhacker » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:37 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:
ironman wrote:Jeff George is a cancer. He needs to go. :-t

Jeff George was released with Quinn.

I'm glad to see him go, he's the QB equivalent of Terrell, with a cannon for an arm and a pea for a brain. We need a decent backup, though. I think Grossman is only an average QB (hope I'm wrong) and don't trust Krenzel to be a #2 guy.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kevinoc81 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:42 pm

Krenzel is supposed to play in Europe. So really all we have is Grossman and Hutchinson. It's either the draft or:

Tony Banks (UFA) HOU

Charlie Batch (UFA) PIT

Jeff Blake (UFA) PHI

Quincy Carter (UFA) NYJ

Todd Collins (UFA) KC

Ty Detmer (UFA) ATL

Gus Frerotte (UFA) MIN

Jeff Garcia (CUT) (UFA) CLE

Kelly Holcomb (UFA) CLE

Brock Huard (UFA) SEA

Damon Huard (UFA) KC

Shane Matthews (UFA) BUF

Mike McMahon (UFA) DET

Jim Miller (UFA) NE

Rick Mirer (UFA) DET

Jesse Palmer (UFA) NYG

Doug Pederson (UFA) GB

Rage Rosenfels (UFA) MIA

Kordell Stewart (UFA) BAL

Vinny Testaverde (UFA) DAL

Josh McCown (RFA) ARZ

Craig Nall (RFA) GB

I guess my top three would be Carter (if he can play), Holcomb, or Palmer?
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Goatwhacker » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:46 pm

Rage Rosenfels is a pretty cool name but actually it's SAGE. I'm thinking Garcia, Frerotte or Holcomb maybe?
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:18 pm

If we sign any single player on that list I'm through.Not a single one is any different than George,except maybe not as much of a head case.Not that George was the answer,but why trade constipation for the runs?Either way they're both crap.Let's get a real QB for a change,through a trade,or draft somebody worthy.If you can't tell,I have very little confidence in Rex to stay healthy and provide the team with what it needs.I think he will be an OK QB,just never above average.Maybe I'm wrong,but we still need insurance.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Goatwhacker » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:31 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:If we sign any single player on that list I'm through.Not a single one is any different than George,except maybe not as much of a head case.Not that George was the answer,but why trade constipation for the runs?Either way they're both crap.Let's get a real QB for a change,through a trade,or draft somebody worthy.If you can't tell,I have very little confidence in Rex to stay healthy and provide the team with what it needs.I think he will be an OK QB,just never above average.Maybe I'm wrong,but we still need insurance.

I just don't see the Bears going after a quality QB like you hope. I think the Bears are commited to Grossman as a QB although like you say it's a major gamble. We may well see one of the QBs on that list end up in Chicago and depending who it is I may not be disappointed, a few of them would be reasonable backups who could start in a pinch. If Grossman is out for a prolonged period like this past season then we are screwed.

Maybe I'm being optimistic but although I am not a big Grossman fan I think the Bears can win with an average QB who doesn't screw up a lot, and Grossman might be that guy. There have been plenty of Super Bowl teams who get there without an outstanding QB. A lot more depends on everybody staying healthy and filling some holes in the O-line and receiving corps than in getting a stud QB. (I'm still sticking with my 6-10 prediction, by the way, I just don't see the Bears filling all their needs this year).
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ironman » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:46 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:with a cannon for an arm and a pea for a brain.

Like Nuke LaLoosh. A million dollar arm, with a five cent head. :-D
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Chicago Bears