Reflect on 2004. Project for 2005. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Chicago Bears

Reflect on 2004. Project for 2005.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Goatwhacker » Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:36 pm

kev - I used 1000 career receiving yards as the cutoff, there would be plenty of ND receivers besides Snow and Gatewood in that category, including Tim Brown. Jack Snow was a pretty good receiver in the pros, by the way.

Your point is well taken, maybe I am being too hard on Michigan. Unfortunately though I'm old enough to remember all the hype about Desmond Howard and Anthony Carter when they came out, then you know how I feel about Terrell. Then you look at Toomer with his zero touchdowns last year and Tai Streets with not much of anything last year.

So for whatever reason, whether it's their system or coaching or bad luck or what, Michigan receivers tend to underachieve, and I'm not just talking about Terrell. I certainly could be all wet and Edwards will be the next Jerry Rice, if the bears pick him I hope he is.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:19 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:kev - I used 1000 career receiving yards as the cutoff, there would be plenty of ND receivers besides Snow and Gatewood in that category, including Tim Brown. Jack Snow was a pretty good receiver in the pros, by the way.

Your point is well taken, maybe I am being too hard on Michigan. Unfortunately though I'm old enough to remember all the hype about Desmond Howard and Anthony Carter when they came out, then you know how I feel about Terrell. Then you look at Toomer with his zero touchdowns last year and Tai Streets with not much of anything last year.

So for whatever reason, whether it's their system or coaching or bad luck or what, Michigan receivers tend to underachieve, and I'm not just talking about Terrell. I certainly could be all wet and Edwards will be the next Jerry Rice, if the bears pick him I hope he is.

im confused, you talk like youre a bears fan but you have the packers avatar? did you lose a bet or what?
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Goatwhacker » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:31 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
im confused, you talk like youre a bears fan but you have the packers avatar? did you lose a bet or what?

Miner, I honestly am a fan of both. I lived in Milwaukee for 12 years and got to be a Packers fan, then moved to eastern Iowa where the Bears are on TV all the time. I probably follow the Bears more closely than the pack these days since I listen to Chicago sports radio a lot. I do like the Packers logos better though.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kevinoc81 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:06 am

Goatwhacker wrote:Unfortunately though I'm old enough to remember all the hype about Desmond Howard and Anthony Carter when they came out, then you know how I feel about Terrell.

I understand, but there are hyped players from all schools. Some pan out and some don't. I bet, if there was a way to check, at every school, there are more bust prospects than successful prospects.

Goatwhacker wrote:Then you look at Toomer with his zero touchdowns last year and Tai Streets with not much of anything last year.

Toomer played with Warner and Manning in a Tiki-heavy system. He has had his share of decent years. Tai Streets played with Harrington and was the #3 I believe behind Williams and Hakim. I don't mean to make excuses, but c'mon.

Really it doesn't matter, but I would just like my football team to have a better reason for passing on a "potential" stud than he went to Michigan.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Chicago Bears