Sob stories..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sob stories.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sob stories.....

Postby mad_llama » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:16 pm

It may be a touchy subject for some but thought i'd share my worst loss of the season.

I had turned $50 into $350 over the weekend and was on a roll just letting it ride and then came that Kerry Collins and Jake Plummer played in the snow. Little did I know that the vortex created by the meeting of these two qb's would suck my winnings into the abyss called bodog.com.

I looked outside 20 minutes before the game and saw a few inches of snow and just knew that i could ride Ruben Droughns all the way to an ipod and xm radio. What a fool I was! Just when it looked like the Broncos might have a chance at having the opportunity to cover the spread Kerry Collins connected with Jerry Porter and then they connected again, one to Curry for a little spice (pun intended) and then back to Porter.

That night i dreamt of Jake Plummer driving and listening to satellite radio while Kerry Collins sat shotgun listening to an ipod. Never would have thought that the Broncos playing in the snow against the Raiders, who were passing the ball, would have sank my battleship that day. That day I made a promise to never bet on a game involving the Broncos as long as Plummer is QB.

Also as of last sunday I will never bet on the Vikings after Thanksgiving, or in an outdoor stadium.
mad_llama
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk