RBBC? P. Holmes to split carries with L. Johnson next year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

RBBC? P. Holmes to split carries with L. Johnson next year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

RBBC? P. Holmes to split carries with L. Johnson next year?

Postby The Lung » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:28 pm

Priest Holmes: Could Split Carries with Larry Johnson Next Season

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Friday, January 7, 2005

Update: GM Carl Peterson fully expects Holmes to return for the 2005 season, though he would like to see Holmes split time with Larry Johnson, the Chiefs' Web site reports.

Recommendation: Peterson sounds convinced that a contract bonus will help make Holmes' decision whether to retire an easy one. "We signed Priest Holmes two years ago and, in fact, have his option bonus this year," Peterson said. "The option bonus is the second part of the signing bonus. It's $10 million dollars. If the player wants to retire then he's required to pay the unearned portion of the signing bonus. I think when Priest Holmes signed his contract he knew that and knows that today. He has no intention whatsoever of retiring. I'm hopeful, and I'm going to say something that Dick and I haven't discussed yet, that Larry Johnson can take some of the load off Priest next year by carrying the job. I'm pretty excited about having Larry Johnson and Priest Holmes in the backfield with an offensive line where three guys are going to the Pro Bowl."

(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby matmat » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:53 pm

I guess that turns one 28/game back into two 17/game backs....
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mtryanks12 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:37 pm

No way!?!?!?

I'd just get rid of Larry Johnson if I were them. Priest is too good to split carries, but the Chiefs will feel bad if they have such a great player on the bench. This will really plumment Priest's God-Like value next FF season.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Azrael » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:53 pm

Yeah, Remember when that was supposed to happen with Green and Davenport last year, pffft. LJ will have zero fantasy value next year unless Holmes gets hurt.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Evolution » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:37 pm

Priest will be the feature back unless he goes down. KC would never do RBBC, if they were, they would have done it with Blaylock and LJ this year.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby UNDEFEATED » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:42 pm

LJ will get 6-9 carries a game, at least. Considering he demonstrated that he and priest could be interchangable, he will definitely be getting carries. Priest will need some down time to keep him fresh. He has gone down in two consecutive seasons.

I could see 17-17 split. But Priest will always get more carries. So 20-14 is more like it.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:02 pm

So is this a good time or bad time to try to grab Holmes? His value will be low....but he may be splitting some carries. I can't imagine them making LJ sit on the bench when they want him to be the featured back in 2006.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby steelyeri » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:10 am

The cheifs should trade Larry Johnson for a first round pick and draft some freakin defense! But I hope they don't cause I like it when they suck.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby chcbb » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:18 pm

yes, lj was amazing the 2nd half of the season, but unless priest gets hurt again (always a possibility) the chiefs have no business giving him a significant amount of carries in lieu of holmes. priest had 14 rushing tds in only 8 games; that's the third most for any rb in the league over the entire season! i'm not so sure the chiefs should try to trade lj though, because holmes isn't going to last forever... the chiefs should give him 10 or so carries a game, but still let priest have the majority.
chcbb
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:55 pm

My guess is that when it becomes crunchtime next year, Priest will still get the carries and the TDs.

I think they are trying to keep LJ motivated to work hard in the off season, and not make him feel like he is going to be going back to the bench.

By making claims like this they could light a fire under him and be better off for the future down the road...

I have a hard time seeing them not play Priest when he is completely healthy.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk