RBBC? P. Holmes to split carries with L. Johnson next year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

RBBC? P. Holmes to split carries with L. Johnson next year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:10 pm

Priest will play and start if he is healthy. It makes no sense to split carries with LJ when Holmes has been the best RB for the past 3 years!
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ljthockey » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:44 pm

KC is to much of a powerhouse to have a RBBC LJ will get few carries this year but 2006 I think Holmes will retire which will leave the reigns to LJ
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Evolution » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:18 pm

steelyeri wrote:The cheifs should trade Larry Johnson for a first round pick and draft some freakin defense! But I hope they don't cause I like it when they suck.

With the plethora of RBs available in the first round of the draft, and free agency, some GM would have to be insane to give up a first round pick for LJ.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby JimmyChoi » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:12 pm

I think KC understands that Priest can't play forever....they are trying to lighten the load a little.....
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby joshyboy72 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:57 pm

There's no way the chefs will be doing a true RBBC next year. Priest will get 20 carries a game as long as he is healthy, and I can see LJ getting somewhere around 8 or 9 a game. Maybe they'll use him as a 3rd and short type runner, who knows. But I don't see Priest getting more than 17 touchdowns.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby steelyeri » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:16 am

Evolution wrote:
steelyeri wrote:The cheifs should trade Larry Johnson for a first round pick and draft some freakin defense! But I hope they don't cause I like it when they suck.

With the plethora of RBs available in the first round of the draft, and free agency, some GM would have to be insane to give up a first round pick for LJ.

LJ is probably worth a mid to late first. He is probably a little bit safer than drafting a rb since he has proven that he can perform in the NFL and is still very young.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby awwchrist » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:38 am

Just another reason why, once again, LaDanian Tomlinson gets my first draft pick.

Year in and year out.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:51 am

I don't know about others, but i would be thrilled to see Priest get 17 tds Joshy. He had 14 or so this year, and missed a number of games. He was still the 2nd or 3rd leading scorer for RBs in one of my leagues that I broke down the scoring. I would take that in a heartbeat. It's not 20+ tds, but I would take it having him already in a keeper league.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:42 am

Priest will see 20+ carries when healthy. No way LJ gets more than 10 touches a game next year. Being picked as the heir apparent should motivate LJ enough.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Flux » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:45 am

I dont see how some of you are saying LJ wont see ANY carries or only a couple. Sure Priest is a stud, but LJ has proven that either he is as well, or they both are good b/c of that awesome line.

The Chiefs definitely want to get their moneys worth out of Priest and he will be the primary back, but they also cant just let LJ sit for the whole year and be pissed and become rusty or lose confidence or whatever else. LJ should take over in 2006 when Vermeil will retire and Priest will most likely do the same.

As for other teams trading for LJ, thats also ridiculous in my opinion. KC knows that Priest wont be around after this coming year, and they know they have a very good replacement in LJ. Blaylock also did well, but LJ clearly was the better of the two. Teams are also scared of giving up too much for a RB who could be a product of the system. They saw what happened w/ Portis this year (granted WAS had a lot of injuries and he still put up decent yardage), and they dont want to get burned either.

That all said, Vermeil has never used a RBBC, but I have a feeling he will be very hard pressed to get LJ some time, especially if KC has a big lead and already have the game under control or are being blown out.

Priest will still be a very good fantasy option, but LJ is going to get some love. It wont be a 50/50 split by any means, but he will be much more involved than he was during the first half of this season.

Lastly, as for the Ahman Green and Davenport comparison, this is completely different. Priest is much older than Ahman was and is, and has had multiplel seasons end b/c of injury. I mean, Priest himself has even said that opposing D's try and knock him out of the game....why not let LJ take some of thsoe hits?
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk