Haslett gets extension - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Haslett gets extension

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joshyboy72 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:00 pm

Bennett4Prez wrote:Five seasons, one trip to the playoffs. 42-38 record. Really has never done anything BAD for the franchise. He just can't make them great either...

That's true, he hasn't been horrible. But he doesn't utilize the team they way it should be and...well we do need a change of environment, a fresh start.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bennett4prez » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:27 pm

I agree, but it was a St. Louis overtime loss from going to the playoffs. I don't think he deserves to be fired, but a contract extension isn't exactly fitting for the situation.

Then again, Tice just got his option picked up, so anything can happen. :-t :-t :-t
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby warrick95 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:36 am

Notice how NO started to WIN when Haslett stopped passing 24/7...they've gotta ride Deuce McAllister.

Anyway, Haslett will probably resume to bad playcalling again next season...have a defense that can't stop a thing (they did well down the stretch and looked surprisingly motivated instead of apathetic), start off cold as hell, and then run the table near the end of the season to finish near .500. I wonder when Saints' management will finally get sick of this nonsense and fire him. Their team has been consistently above average, but I think the Haslett coached team has reached or nearly reached its potential.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:44 am

haslett is in the top four on my list of bad coaches..including holmgren, martz and tice. i think him and tice are about equal behind the other 2 :*) anyways..i cant believe the saints organization is so content with being mediocre every year, i really thought he would get the axe this year.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:08 pm

You're forgetting that the owner is Benson who wants badly to move the team to LA. Tanking and losing fans will help the team look like a relocation candidate. However, and you probably know since it's old news, the league won't let Benson move the Saints to LA unless he sells. Benson doesn't care. He's about the money. It's a shame because there actually are plenty of football fans in New Orleans.

As far as Haslett specifically is concerned, if this were his 1st or 2nd season then nobody would be asking for his head but now that he has repeated the same pattern of mediocrity with no hint of breaking the cycle it's clear he should leave. Virtually every other owner would fire him.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:44 pm

warrick95 wrote:they've gotta ride Deuce McAllister.

AAAAHHHHH!!! haslett riding deuce!!!!!!!! incredibly gross picture in my brain!!!!!! :-o 8-o
Last edited by mtryanks12 on Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby awwchrist » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:07 pm

Haslett gets hair extensions...more believable than this.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk