worst fantasy mag this year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

worst fantasy mag this year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

worst fantasy mag this year?

Postby crimsonrebel » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:03 pm

What was the worst fantasy mag this year in everyones opinion? I'm the commish for next year, and we always give everyone a cheat sheet at the draft since not everyone buys a mag. Instead of giving them my mags info, I think unprepared owners should be punished with the worst info possible. So what was the worst fantasy mag of the year in everyones opinion? Are thee any who are consistently way off?
crimsonrebel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Payne Dailey » Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:49 pm

All mags suck, I'd stay with the internet sites. My main reason is that they have to print them too early to get them to the stores in time. There could be huge injuries and roster changes between the print job and your draft. My other reason is because why should I buy a mag when I can get current and better news for free.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:28 pm

The cafe is much better than any other mag. they're all wash.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Calyxes » Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:09 pm

the only reason to buy a mag is to read while your on the crapper
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby PackerAttack84 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:34 pm

I would give them a magazine cheat sheet 'cause those are way worse then Internet sites. Hmmm, magazines rated Santana Moss like the 4th best receiver this season, where as the internet site I used had him at like 12.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:03 pm

LOL this is funny because i was just reading one from before this season and couldnt believe how bad it was..its name is" tuff stuff's fantasy football" magazine. let me amuse you with their predictions:

-"is this the year that vick becomes a full-time fantasy phenomenon? -yes, vick will estabblish a rapport with rookie michael jenkins, who compliments peerless price"

-"will the trio of j.p. losman, willis mcgahee, and lee evans revolutionize the bills offense?- not yet. the youngsters are the future, but you should expect a year of increased production from drew bledsoe, travis henry and eric moulds"

-"does chris perry hamper the fantasy value of rudi johnson?- yes.johnson isnt quite the sexy pick that perry is in town"

-"can quincy carter take another fantasy start forward?- yes, despite the signings of vinny testaverde and drew henson"

-"will this be duece mcallister's career year?- yes"

-"where does curtis martin rank right now as a fantasy back?- not very high"

-"who is the sneaky pick on the tampa bay buccaneers?- stoic brad johnson"

i can go on and on..they also predicted monster years from shipp, steve smith, david boston, mcnair, portis, hines ward, and they said favre would be a bust, when he finished 4th overall for qbs in my league.i know there were some injuries, but it seemed like everyone they predicted got hurt or sucked.

to their credit..the things they got right:
-boller sucked
-k-rob was a bust
-eli would be a bust
-barlow would be a bust.

really this writeup doesnt even do the magazine justice....there is wrong info EVERYWHERE in it!!! i read a couple of the other ones i used this year and they are nowhere near as bad. is go for this one for sure :-o :-° :-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PackerAttack84 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:45 pm

Give 'em that one and you'll win for sure! ;-D
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:07 pm

Playboy - nothing but tidly winks and va-va's. Oh well, fun nonetheless.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby mutantseabass » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:13 am

I do agree with deluxe, Tuff Stuff is hands down the worst mag this year. I buy a few to keep in the bathroom and at this time of the year i go back through them and check the predictions and Tuff Stuffs predictions were so far off i was actually laughing. What we do for drafters that have no cheatsheets is give them one printed in alphabetical order. Oh and playboys is by far the best, the pics are airbrushed better ;-D

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby brewmaniac » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:24 am

I too have the Tuff Stuff mag but it did help me win my league.

Not so much for the predictions (yes they were wrong for alot of them!), but towards the back of the mag they had like 400 players listed by alpha with small descriptions of them and their stats over the past couple of years. This was a good tool to use for a quick glance on draft day. I don't have a computer in front of me to look at every stat on draft day, and yes I do my homebrew beforehand, but can't possibly remember every stat.

They also had a bye week chart along with a schedule (yes I know you can get these for free) but I had everything in one place on draft day. Besides, for $5, it was an entertaining read.

Remember, no one is a pro on NFL predictions, its too unpredictable. Take everything everyone says with a grain of salt and form your own opinions, thats what I did and I won my league.
brewmaniac
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk