I'd take Culpepper now over Favre in any point of his career - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

I'd take Culpepper now over Favre in any point of his career

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:23 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:Yeah, Favre's got rings. Fact is that he's sucked in the playoffs ever since the Super Bowl he was in. He has a 61.5 (mayby not exactly, but you get the jist, it's around that) since 97, their last Super Bowl appearance. Since that 97 game, he's TD:INT ratio is 11:16 in the post-season. Daunte anihilated him this week.

But sure, how dare I say anything against the divine god, Brett Favre.

I'm done, I'll bring this thread back up when Daunte's set records.


If Daunte does make the HOF, it'll be because he piggy-backed there on Moss.



Ya, I know what you mean. Kinda like Montana only got in because of Rice, and Marino because of Duper, and really Manning isn't that great either if it wasn't for Harrison. I see your point.
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 305
Joined: 12 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Corey Chavous' Hometown

Postby CC » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:49 pm

Carolina Culpepper wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:Yeah, Favre's got rings. Fact is that he's sucked in the playoffs ever since the Super Bowl he was in. He has a 61.5 (mayby not exactly, but you get the jist, it's around that) since 97, their last Super Bowl appearance. Since that 97 game, he's TD:INT ratio is 11:16 in the post-season. Daunte anihilated him this week.

But sure, how dare I say anything against the divine god, Brett Favre.

I'm done, I'll bring this thread back up when Daunte's set records.


If Daunte does make the HOF, it'll be because he piggy-backed there on Moss.



Ya, I know what you mean. Kinda like Montana only got in because of Rice, and Marino because of Duper, and really Manning isn't that great either if it wasn't for Harrison. I see your point.


Even Gus Frerotte looked like a HOF QB because of Moss. Not saying Daunte isn't a good QB, hes very good, but he's not HOF good.
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:49 am

Im not gonna go that far. I hate it when people say that they "piggy backed" -- you still have to have the ability to capitalize on your tools.

I was reading the new phil simms book about this, and he makes some interesting points about the "throw it up there" passes that everyone says are so easy. And throwing those types of passes that daunte does are really not that easy. I, having never played int he nfl can't testify to that, but I am willing to give it some credence.

The fact is it is a team game, and it is very hard to tease out some of these debates, unlike say, basbeall.

But he will be a hall of famer if he keeps up this pace. He is racking up statistics like nobody's buasiness.

It doesn't help daunte that moss ahs gotten his stats weith cunningham and frerotte at the helm too. But at the end of the day, daunte still has all those passing yards, and that will be tough to ignore.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2843
Joined: 3 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bennett4prez » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:47 am

I don't like the "Daunte's no good without Moss" debates. Are you saying the only way for a QB to be HOF material is to rid the WR core of talent? That's like saying Emmitt isn't a HOF because of his OL.

Bottom Line: Daunte is putting up amazing statistics and if he keeps it up, he should be recognized for it. Moss or not.
Image
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2078
Joined: 6 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Minnesota

Postby nickjumpman » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:38 pm

Culpepper is better now than Favre has ever been in his career. Culpepper is definitely the most physically dominating QB to ever play the game. Maybe he has the strongest arm to ever play and he makes plays with his legs that Favre never has. Never underestimate the plays that Culpepper makes with his legs becasue they usually prolong drives on 3rd downs and give the Vikes a chance to score.

You are just now getting a glimpse of what Dante is going to do to the league for a long time now. He is starting to mature and he still has alot of upside. It is always nice to have Moss on your team, the greatest NFL player ever. Even without Moss this year Daunte still played well.

Daunte is the best QB in the NFL. Peyton, Brady, McNabb are all one step behind.
nickjumpman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 105
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby gatorman1122 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:28 pm

Culpepper is better now than Favre has ever been in his career. Culpepper is definitely the most physically dominating QB to ever play the game. Maybe he has the strongest arm to ever play and he makes plays with his legs that Favre never has. Never underestimate the plays that Culpepper makes with his legs becasue they usually prolong drives on 3rd downs and give the Vikes a chance to score.

You are just now getting a glimpse of what Dante is going to do to the league for a long time now. He is starting to mature and he still has alot of upside. It is always nice to have Moss on your team, the greatest NFL player ever. Even without Moss this year Daunte still played well.

Daunte is the best QB in the NFL. Peyton, Brady, McNabb are all one step behind.

"If Bart can be called El Barto, then you can be called El Homo"
-Homer Simpson
I'm not even gonna pick on your comments. I'll just let the other users say the obvious.
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1466
Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kevinoc81 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:36 pm

gatorman1122 wrote:
Culpepper is better now than Favre has ever been in his career. Culpepper is definitely the most physically dominating QB to ever play the game. Maybe he has the strongest arm to ever play and he makes plays with his legs that Favre never has. Never underestimate the plays that Culpepper makes with his legs becasue they usually prolong drives on 3rd downs and give the Vikes a chance to score.

You are just now getting a glimpse of what Dante is going to do to the league for a long time now. He is starting to mature and he still has alot of upside. It is always nice to have Moss on your team, the greatest NFL player ever. Even without Moss this year Daunte still played well.

Daunte is the best QB in the NFL. Peyton, Brady, McNabb are all one step behind.

"If Bart can be called El Barto, then you can be called El Homo"
-Homer Simpson
I'm not even gonna pick on your comments. I'll just let the other users say the obvious.


I think this thread is getting a little out of hand now. Lets not forget the original argument; Would you take Culpepper now over Brett Favre any year of his career.

Vikings fans would take Culpepper now.

99% of the other people who know football would take Favre in his prime.

And will somebody please go look at Daunte's stats when Moss wasn't there and realize that those aren't good!
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2603
Joined: 5 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nilmerf » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:35 pm

I find it hilarious how one moment, all of the Vikings fans are hiding in cracks, and deadset on finding new favourite teams because they hate the Vikings so much.. and when Minnesota wins ONE playoff game against their rival, suddenly Culpepper is a living legend and Randy Moss is the greatest athlete of all time.

Just get on or off already, the bandwagon driver is getting confused.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2059
Joined: 17 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: BC

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:45 pm

"Daunte is the best QB in the NFL. Peyton, Brady, McNabb are all one step behind."

boy this is far beyond the pale it is absurd.

Being the "best qb in the nfl" is much different than fantasy qb dude.

Let's see, every single one of those qb's have won much more than daunte has. brady won the super bowl. peyton beats him in stats and not incidentally calls his own plays. mcnabb and daunte have had the same amount of time in the league.

Maybe mcnabb "chokes" but he has won tons more than daunte and gone consistently farther int he playoffs than daunte has. he has only had one losing season.

you might get me on brady -- but the fact that he helmed that team from otu of nowhere and has led them to two super bowl rings and a 14-2 record this year holds more than a little bit of sawy with me and other right thinking fans realize the ridiculousness of your commentary.

I speak of mcnabb, partly because I am most familiar with him -- and frankly, I think brady and manning speak for themselves.

But big f'n whoop that culpepper did well without moss. To be honest eagles fans (myself included) would LOVE to have campbell or burleson instead of the bs we have been dealing with the past few years. Fact of the matter is mcnabb has won and won some more in relation to culppeper and he has never had moss. Nor has he had anything approaching what daunte has had on offense.

Say what you will, but there is no reason the vikes aren't in the playoffs year in, year out with that offense. I have to wonder sometimes...
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2843
Joined: 3 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:01 pm

Put down the crack pipe Vikes fans.

I'm finished with this joke of a debate.
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 9:57 hours
(and 41 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact