I'd take Culpepper now over Favre in any point of his career - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I'd take Culpepper now over Favre in any point of his career

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:35 pm

Bennett4Prez wrote:I don't like the "Daunte's no good without Moss" debates. Are you saying the only way for a QB to be HOF material is to rid the WR core of talent? That's like saying Emmitt isn't a HOF because of his OL.

Bottom Line: Daunte is putting up amazing statistics and if he keeps it up, he should be recognized for it. Moss or not.

This is all true. QB's can't be piggybacked into the HOF entirely becasue of their WR's. In order for the wideout to get the ball, the QB has to:

1-call a play
2-examine potential play targets
3-catch the snapped ball
4-examine field for possible targets
5-release the ball in the direction of the wideout
6-not get sacked, throw past teh line of scrimmage, not fumble the ball, not throw an incomplete pass, or commit any penalties.

To get into the HOF, you need to be a good QB. A QB can't be "good" just because he has stellar wideouts. all the wideouts do it catch the ball, before that is done, all the other things have to happen (see above.)

In my opinion, there is no such thing as a qb piggybacking onto his WR into the HOF.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flockers » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:18 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Put down the crack pipe Vikes fans.

I'm finished with this joke of a debate.

Mmmmmm... crack. :-°
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:44 pm

Flockers wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Put down the crack pipe Vikes fans.

I'm finished with this joke of a debate.

Mmmmmm... crack. :-°

*sniff *sniff :-b
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:29 pm

Nilmerf wrote:I find it hilarious how one moment, all of the Vikings fans are hiding in cracks, and deadset on finding new favourite teams because they hate the Vikings so much.. and when Minnesota wins ONE playoff game against their rival, suddenly Culpepper is a living legend and Randy Moss is the greatest athlete of all time.

Just get on or off already, the bandwagon driver is getting confused.

K'ung-fu-tzu (Confucius) says:
"one must not judge the nature of the fan, the nature of the fan shall reveal itself."

Of course, I'm just paraphrasing, but I believe, according to most modern scholars, this is a pretty accurate translation.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby moochman » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:29 pm

I could be wrong, but I believe that Confucious also said, very loosely translating: "Never trust in wisdom that eminates from beneath a paperbag" :-b

Facts of the matter are that the Vikings fans were feigning bailing off of their ship in response to a case of Tice. They were cries of pain and disgust, something I relate to all too well. I think the ViQueens fans are for the most part great, making up for in passion what they lack in tastes of sports franchise.

And were it not for Manning throwing a few TDs we'd all be talking about how C-Pep just completed the greatest statistical season in the history of the game. Now unless Moss also had stats that were the best in the league I would have to conclude that it wasn't all just lobbing the ball to Candy.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:33 pm

Nilmerf wrote:I find it hilarious how one moment, all of the Vikings fans are hiding in cracks, and deadset on finding new favourite teams because they hate the Vikings so much.. and when Minnesota wins ONE playoff game against their rival, suddenly Culpepper is a living legend and Randy Moss is the greatest athlete of all time.

Just get on or off already, the bandwagon driver is getting confused.
I'm done arguing, it's gotten out of hand, but seriously. I was depressed as much as anybody about the Vikes, but I was never off the bandwagon. I believe my quote was "there's no way out, it's selling your soul to agony, depression, and defeat for life," which I still believe, but I'll be a Viking fan forever, as depressing as it may be. I also have you know that I created this thread before the game last Sunday, so it has nothing to do with our palyoff win.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:36 am

I'd take Favre during his 3-MVP stretch and Super Bowl win. Cpep still has plenty to prove but I like what he's done so far.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk