Happy Birthday, Cafe! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Happy Birthday, Cafe!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Happy Birthday, Cafe!

Postby Arlo » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:37 am

The Cafe is three years old, and it's time to unwrap the presents!

Please join us in welcoming not just one, but TWO shiny new members of the Cafe family. Say hello to...

FANTASY BASKETBALL CAFE
&
FANTASY HOCKEY CAFE!!!

Please note that the Fantasy Baseball, Basketball and Hockey Cafes are all being fed from the same user database - so if you are already registered at one of them, there is NO NEED TO REGISTER again. (In fact, if you're wondering why exactly your user name "jOeDoE5779" appears to have already been taken - yep, this is the reason! )

Fantasy Football Cafe will still run on a separate user base for now - if it all pans out, the two user bases will be merged in a month or two.

We hope you enjoy the new members of the Cafe family and are looking forward to your feedback!
Last edited by Arlo on Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:39 am

No Way!!!! I don't play fantasy b-ball or hockey, but that's awesome. One question about the username thing. I'm palnnign on joining the baseball cafe in a couple weeks, so I can just login with mtryanks12 there and I don't need to re-register and lose all my posts?? I don't want to lose my post total, so that can be done? I tried earlier and it didn't work.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:43 am

mtryanks12 wrote:No Way!!!! I don't play fantasy b-ball or hockey, but that's awesome. One question about the username thing. I'm palnnign on joining the baseball cafe in a couple weeks, so I can just login with mtryanks12 there and I don't need to re-register and lose all my posts?? I don't want to lose my post total, so that can be done? I tried earlier and it didn't work.
The Football cafe is still on a separate user base from what I understand. So you will have to re-register at the baseball cafe. But once you join the baseball cafe, you won't have to join at either the basketball or hockey, you will use the same name as at the baseball.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:44 am

M_Zimm wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:No Way!!!! I don't play fantasy b-ball or hockey, but that's awesome. One question about the username thing. I'm palnnign on joining the baseball cafe in a couple weeks, so I can just login with mtryanks12 there and I don't need to re-register and lose all my posts?? I don't want to lose my post total, so that can be done? I tried earlier and it didn't work.
The Football cafe is still on a separate user base from what I understand. So you will have to re-register at the baseball cafe. But once you join the baseball cafe, you won't have to join at either the basketball or hockey, you will use the same name as at the baseball.

I just noticed that. I have one post now. That sucks. I wish it would be the same for all of them.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Postby menyak » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:46 am

There's a separate post counter for each Cafe. So you don't "lose" posts, but we thought it doesn't make sense if you show up with 5000 posts on a site that you've in fact only visited once or twice. Also remember that the post count relates to the ranks (Head Coach, etc.), too.
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:48 am

menyak wrote:

There's a separate post counter for each Cafe. So you don't "lose" posts, but we thought it doesn't make sense if you show up with 5000 posts on a site that you've in fact only visited once or twice. Also remember that the post count relates to the ranks (Head Coach, etc.), too.

Okay. I'll just have to start all over again. :,-(
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Postby South Park Cows » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:49 am

Well, a few insider sources have been feeding me this news for weeks now so this didn't really come as a surprise to me. None the less, sweet. ;-D
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:51 am

South Park Cows wrote:Well, a few insider sources have been feeding me this news for weeks now so this didn't really come as a surprise to me. None the less, sweet. ;-D

Who was ur source? Mercer?
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Postby South Park Cows » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:59 am

mtryanks12 wrote:
South Park Cows wrote:Well, a few insider sources have been feeding me this news for weeks now so this didn't really come as a surprise to me. None the less, sweet. ;-D

No...
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:58 am

South Park Cows wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:

No...

jay, vhawk, slowkidz, dan, who???
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk