Culpepper Underrated - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Culpepper Underrated

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Bennett4prez » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:06 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:C-Pepp is definately no underrated! Everyone knows what he can do. He is always the 2nd QB taken in every draft and I think you kind of made a good point when you brought up the Moss thing. That's the knock against him I think. Almost any QB in the NFL could put up good numbers throwing to Randy Moss. Imagine Peyton Manning with Moss added to his arsenal. Just for argument's sake too, that #4 RB that the Vikings had to deal with did better than a lot of teams #1 RB so you can't say that hurt him too much.

But he doesn't look just to Moss. He had 4 catches today. And, he wasn't even the leading receiver yardage-wise.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

culpepper underrated?

Postby fantasy messenger » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:58 pm

Dante will continue to be one of the best fantasy QBs in the NFL for years to come; many fantasy owners have overlooked him. I play in a TD league: QBs get 3 pts for a passing TD but 6 pts for a rushing TD. Culpepper will be at the top of my QB list next year with Manning right behind.
Last edited by fantasy messenger on Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always do your homework!
fantasy messenger
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Football Newbie » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:01 am

Bennett4Prez wrote:
kevinoc81 wrote:C-Pepp is definately no underrated! Everyone knows what he can do. He is always the 2nd QB taken in every draft and I think you kind of made a good point when you brought up the Moss thing. That's the knock against him I think. Almost any QB in the NFL could put up good numbers throwing to Randy Moss. Imagine Peyton Manning with Moss added to his arsenal. Just for argument's sake too, that #4 RB that the Vikings had to deal with did better than a lot of teams #1 RB so you can't say that hurt him too much.

But he doesn't look just to Moss. He had 4 catches today. And, he wasn't even the leading receiver yardage-wise.

Moss's ankle was also screwed up.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Oops

Postby fantasy messenger » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:04 am

Messed up
Last edited by fantasy messenger on Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always do your homework!
fantasy messenger
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:08 am

Bennett4Prez wrote:

he was referring to moss helping his numbers..regardless of his yardage today, id say 2 tds is a pretty decent day. ;-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby gatorman1122 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:49 am

Seriously, how can a reasonable agruement be made that this year or any year for that matter, McNabb is better than Cpepp?!!

Team record maybe??? Philly dominated all their competition (until the last couple of weeks and with the exception of the Steelers game) and has a 1st rd bye with homefield advantage in the NFC. On the other hand, the Vikings "squeaked" into the playoffs because the Panthers lost despite losing to a Redskins team benching Clinton Portis.
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby kevinoc81 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:11 am

Bennett4Prez wrote:

This is not meant to be a "I hate Daunte statement." Rather, I just don't think he's overrated. I think he is a good QB. Not great, but good. He puts up great stats, but I think those stats are a little inflated. I think without Moss he would put up numbers similar to McNabb without TO. Good numbers, just not great numbers.

Today was one game, and most will agree with me when I say Moss simply being on the field opens things up for Daunte and his other receivers.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelyeri » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:45 am

kevinoc81 wrote:
Bennett4Prez wrote:

This is not meant to be a "I hate Daunte statement." Rather, I just don't think he's overrated. I think he is a good QB. Not great, but good. He puts up great stats, but I think those stats are a little inflated. I think without Moss he would put up numbers similar to McNabb without TO. Good numbers, just not great numbers.

Today was one game, and most will agree with me when I say Moss simply being on the field opens things up for Daunte and his other receivers.

Cpepp put up these #s despite moss missing like a month of action. and people seem to still use that as an excuse to write off everything that Cpepp does. Manning had harisson all year. I know culpepper has moss but harrison is probably the second or third best receiver in the league. Manning also has Edge. Not to mention wayne and stokley.

Before the beginning of last season I was one of the only people arguing that Cpepp was better than manning. I heard every argument trying to discount the numbers that culpepper puts up. I even had viking fans arguing with me. Even if he is not better I just don't think that it's as automatic as everyone says. I tried to make the point last year that their numbers aren't that far apart yet manning is the greatest ever and Cpepp is only considered good not great.

If you add culpepper's rushing he had over 500 more all purpose yards than manning and only eight touchdowns less. I beleive Cpepp is a more complete QB. I could go on and on but probably won't change anyone's mind. just wanted to get my two cents in. I think culpepper is very underrated.

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:59 am

Carolina Culpepper wrote:Short answer - no, Daunte is not having a better year than Manning. He is, however having the best season other than Manning of any QB in a long time. And yes, he is under-rated. For proof look no further than the upcoming Pro-Bowl where McNabb is going to get the start ahead of CPepp. Seriously, how can a reasonable agruement be made that this year or any year for that matter, McNabb is better than Cpepp?!! CPepp just has the unfortunate luck of having an absolutely great year at the same time that Manning is having an absolute record setting year. Manning is in my opinion the best QB today and perhaps will end up the best ever.

yea, I think the reasonable argument can certainly be made. mcnabb also set the record for td verus ints/ no one has thrown for 30 td's and has as few int's. He also has I believe the second lowest int ratio in nfl history. His teams have also won more than daunte's teams both in regular season and post season, and he has had less to work with on offense. I'd say mcnabb is better to be honest. No knock on daunte, but I don't think many eagles fans would make that trade. If the primary job is to be a leader, I'd say donovan is better -- and it shows in the w/l record.

Daunte has better stats, but they aren't SO much better when you look at other factors and wins. Donovan finally just got his stud receiver when the other names have had theirs a while. (except brady, and he has a stable of good ones)

I'd also add that the other receivers are superior to what mcnabb has had -- and certianly this year, burleson and campbell are better than pinkston and mitchell. The mindset of the teams is diofferent. BTW, doesn't daunte have the highest fumbling rate in nfl history? compare that to mcnabb's pick rate.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby steelyeri » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:05 am

eaglesrule wrote: but I don't think many eagles fans would make that trade

Your eagles fans would have taken ricky williams in the draft so thats not saying to much. :-)

"Well, I currently live near Seattle and up here everyone seems to completely understand if we [root] for teams other than the Seahawks." - GUS
steelyeri
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk