"Cut that meat, cut that meat"

PATS win, 41-30!!!

I'm in!!
irishclown
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:00 am

It won't be easy, but the Pats will win, 31-27.
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby defianthart » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:57 am

something tells me peyton manning goes to lunch on their secondary this week. im gonna take the colts.
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:15 pm

I truly believe that this is the year Payton takes the next step and gets the Colts past the Pats. I think the Colts defense is improving, I think Dungy is a better coach (I know I'll take heat on that one), and I believe that the Colts offense is so good this year that even a very good defense can't stop them. Especially one that has some key parts missing because of injury. I know the old adage is "good defenses stop good offenses", but that is really becoming old school thinking. First the 98 Vikings nearly one it all with a bad De but a record setting offense, then the Rams did do it with the same combo, and this years Colts offense is in that same class and I think they will get by the Pats. I actually think that even if the Pats were completely healthy they would win. It will be close but I'm in with the Colts!!
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:32 am

Carolina Culpepper wrote:I truly believe that this is the year Payton takes the next step and gets the Colts past the Pats. I think the Colts defense is improving, I think Dungy is a better coach (I know I'll take heat on that one), and I believe that the Colts offense is so good this year that even a very good defense can't stop them. Especially one that has some key parts missing because of injury. I know the old adage is "good defenses stop good offenses", but that is really becoming old school thinking. First the 98 Vikings nearly one it all with a bad De but a record setting offense, then the Rams did do it with the same combo, and this years Colts offense is in that same class and I think they will get by the Pats. I actually think that even if the Pats were completely healthy they would win. It will be close but I'm in with the Colts!!

correct me if Im wrong but havent you already gone in for the vikings in a PBC?
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:04 pm

portisfan24 wrote:
Carolina Culpepper wrote:I truly believe that this is the year Payton takes the next step and gets the Colts past the Pats. I think the Colts defense is improving, I think Dungy is a better coach (I know I'll take heat on that one), and I believe that the Colts offense is so good this year that even a very good defense can't stop them. Especially one that has some key parts missing because of injury. I know the old adage is "good defenses stop good offenses", but that is really becoming old school thinking. First the 98 Vikings nearly one it all with a bad De but a record setting offense, then the Rams did do it with the same combo, and this years Colts offense is in that same class and I think they will get by the Pats. I actually think that even if the Pats were completely healthy they would win. It will be close but I'm in with the Colts!!

correct me if Im wrong but havent you already gone in for the vikings in a PBC?

Nope, I commented on the Eagles DB's in the Eagles/Vikes PB challenge but I did not pick a team in fact I mentioned that as a Viking fan I'm afraid of that game. Too afraid too pick my Vikes. My heart says yes but my mind says no! In this one, however, I am feeling good about the Colts.
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby RavensRule » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:13 pm

Just a little fact I discovered about Peyton and the Super Bowl. History is against him winning it, however it does predict that he will make the Super Bowl:

In 1984 Dan Marino broke the record, but lost Super Bowl XIX
In 1963 Y. A. Tittle broke the record, but lost the NFL Championship
In 1962 Y. A. Tittle broke the record, but lost the NFL Championship
RavensRule
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The_Captain » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:05 am

I'm in for Peyton and the Colts. Their offense is more explosive than the Pats and their defense has been playing some good ball.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JohnnyUnitas » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:13 pm

I'm in for the Colts. I will be a close onem though. But I trust Peyton to pull this one off! ;-D
JohnnyUnitas
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:14 pm

goooooooooooo peyton!
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting