Who was worse; Moss, Buck, or the 4 letter word in sports? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who was worse; Moss, Buck, or the 4 letter word in sports?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:47 am

ESPN should have showed the highlights right away no doubt. Joe Buck annoyed me by going overboard. I'm an STL Cardinals fan so I'm normally in Buck's corner and know what to expect out of him but this was ridiculous for him. Not to mention this was on FOX who brought us "Who's Your Daddy" and the dwarf bachelor.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby nickjumpman » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:12 pm

Joe Buck is a complete idiot. He overreacted so much that not only did I laugh at what Moss did, but then I laughed at what Joe Buck said cause he made such an ass out of himself. He started screaming " Oh that is disgusting, one of the most despicable acts in sports ever, oh my gosh!!!" Haha. What a joke Joe Buck is. It was such a juvenile act by Moss and it was meant to be funny. Unfortunately you have idiots like Buck over react. I saw a couple of polls and there was an overwhelming response that people that Moss act was funny. Something like 70% and only 15% found it offensive. Tell them to stop watching football then....
nickjumpman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby brewmaniac » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:37 pm

Randy Moss, as talented as he is, is a disgrace, a cancer, and just a poor excuse for a human being and a player.

That being said, the Joe Buck over-reaction to what he did was funny, and personally I don't think what Moss did this time was that offensive.
brewmaniac
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:47 pm

I say ESPN. I expect this from Moss, but not to show it is crazy. You read Wilbon's column in today's post--he takes the NFL to task. And I think he's right.
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby treerucker_ffc » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:03 pm

buck flipped out ., thinks people watch the games to here him, not see the players on the field....

tell him to go hang with Leon
treerucker_ffc
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby CC » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:33 pm

I actually like Buck, but thought he was a grade A jackass in commentary for that game. I wasn't offended by Moss' moon shot, I kind of thought it was lame, but it didn't bother me. And thats pretty weak of ESPN to not show the mooning on Sportcentre.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:37 pm

Buck is the worst of the three for this arguement.
OA=overreacting

ESPN has been catching a lot of heat lately with ABCs MNF. and a few other things. They just wanted to avoid something for a first. Hey give them a break. they show everything else. When the time comes they will start showing it. I am actually surprised they didn't and moved to the side of caution beforee airing it.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:39 pm

I think, that if packer fans were mooning him, he has the right to moon them, no matter what the circumstances.

If all these announcers and the NFl are getting mad at moss for his end zone celebrations, then they should get mad at TO too. What is the NFL, a supporter (see ketchup's thread on the egagles relating to the 's).

Don't think that I'm ciding with randy, though.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:47 pm

UNDEFEATED wrote:ESPN has been catching a lot of heat lately with ABCs MNF. and a few other things. They just wanted to avoid something for a first. Hey give them a break. they show everything else. When the time comes they will start showing it. I am actually surprised they didn't and moved to the side of caution beforee airing it.

I'm sorry, but I can not give them a break. When you call yourself the leaders in sports news and entertainment, and earned your stripes at the front line of sproting issues, you have a responsibility to present the news as it comes. Not to wait and see what the pc admen have to say first.

espn showed their new colors, and they were shades of yellow.

As for Buck, I wonder how long before something nasty crawls out of that repressed, cretinous, arrogant bastage's closet.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby HskrPwr13 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:22 pm

I'll just say everyone involved made a bigger deal out of it than they should have but none the less I dont condone this type of athlete behavior. My friends talked about a point that was made earlier about suspending a player for the next game if they pull off some sort of self agrandizing act. I think this would basically end what I consider is problem. Call me old-school but I have no use for the crap the TO, Moss, Horn, Ray Lewis, and the like bring to games. Maybe its from growing up in Nebraska, but the sport of football is the entertainment, not these goofball antics. I feel bad that some "fans" get off on this as funny and entertaining. To me all it does is take away from the sport. Granted I know the sport has basically been "ruined already" by all the sissy rule changes to increase scoring and protect QBs. Also, just like the other major sports, football's been ruined by money, which has led to free agency, which has led to million dollar babys with million dollar egos instead of true hard-nosed football players. As Emmitt Smith said, "the only ones who care about injury reports are the bettors and fantasy football players." Well, Emmitt, I guess you reap what you sow since very few athletes/teams are worthy of someone being a die hard fan of their's anymore anyway. How I miss the good old days when the possibly the worst thing about pro football was Mark Gastenau's sack dance. I'm done ranting now, but I might start raving.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk