Who was worse; Moss, Buck, or the 4 letter word in sports? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who was worse; Moss, Buck, or the 4 letter word in sports?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Rico The Retard » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:53 pm

Buck-What an Idiot
"No I Will Not Make Out With You" --Billy Madison

Rico The Retard
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:19 pm

Buck easily. He acted like Moss actually pulled down his pants, mooned the crowd, then jumped into the stands and shot 3 people. I don't know anyone who was offended by it besides Joe Buck, and various whiny packer fans who like calling up 670 The Score, and some sportswriters. Its not a big deal people, he didn't even real moon anyone!
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:05 pm

J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:07 pm

So what does everyone think of the NFL's 10K Fine for The "Moon over Lambeau"? (Personally, I think it's BS, especially if you take into consideration Packer Fans' tendencies to moon the visiting team's bus after games.)

As for Buck, he was a self-righteous gasbag (surprised he isn't governor of somewhere). However, McCombs request that Buck NOT do the MINN-PHI game just perpetuates the overblown sense of indignation and overreaction that has permeated the entire situation.

As for Moss, well, he's Moss. On the "Randymeter" of ignorant behavior this only rates about a 3 (Much lower than leaving his teammates hanging at the end of the Redskins Game in Week 17.)

As for ESPN, if they consider themselves legitimate sports "journalists" then they should act like it and grow some cajones. How pitiful is it to be afraid of Mickey Mouse?

There, I can step down off the soapbox now.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:51 pm

I'm OK with the fine in the sense that the NFL has been fining TO, Horn, CJ, etc. consistently so that should count. That said, I don't think there should be fines for celebration. As for Buck, who I do really like, he has frustrated and annoyed me as he pops up continuously in the media since Sunday still criticizing Moss and is basking in the limelight. Be a critic fine but he has gone beyond that in my mind. Drives me nuts. I thought he was better than that. Shows what I know...
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:02 pm

His popping up on various media and interviews since Sunday is totally aggravating. I agree totally. What makes it especially un-professional is the fact that he is scheduled to announce this weeks Viking/Eagles game. How are we supposed to believe that he can give an unbiased and balanced broadcast when all week he is bad mouthing Moss. That is as totally classless and unprofessional as Moss's "mooning". He is completely destroying his credibility as a game commentator in my mind. It would be one thing if he was a columnist or on the pre-game show, those people are paid for their opinions. But the game announcers, at least in theory, are supposed to be fairly neutral. Can anyone really watch Sunday's game and now, after Buck's media circus show this week, believe that he will be unbiased in his game analysis? Especially in regards to anything Moss does? Truth is, as wacky as Red McCombs is, I think he was actually somewhat correct in asking for Buck to be taken off the broadcast. Buck's original over the top comments on the incident when it happened were bad enough, but at least that could be explained away by the spontanaity (sp?) of the moment, but the real disgrace is his unwillingness to let it die by willingly and egotistically going on show after show to repeat his "indignation".
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:18 am

Carolina Culpepper I agree wholeheartedly with you. Buck is being judgemental and showing his a55 if you would. He should be removed from the broadcast of the Moonesota game simply because he did break a rule of sports broadcasting. You are there to report what you see, period. The butclown who is doing color has more latitude to give their views. Buck in not only giving his opinion, but going on a crusade to back his opinion about Moss's "disgusting"" dispicable act" has compromised his objectivity. Now it's not about the game, but wether it is played within the morally acceptable manner that Buck approves of.
Now that is disgusting.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:23 am

moochman wrote:Carolina Culpepper I agree wholeheartedly with you. Buck is being judgemental and showing his a55 if you would. He should be removed from the broadcast of the Moonesota game simply because he did break a rule of sports broadcasting. You are there to report what you see, period. The butclown who is doing color has more latitude to give their views. Buck in not only giving his opinion, but going on a crusade to back his opinion about Moss's "disgusting"" dispicable act" has compromised his objectivity. Now it's not about the game, but wether it is played within the morally acceptable manner that Buck approves of.
Now that is disgusting.

"Moonesota" - lol, I like that!
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk