Worst NFL announcers?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Worst NFL announcers?

Postby brewmaniac » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:03 pm

My worst three (with 1 being the worst)

1. Paul Maguirre
2. Cris Collinsworth
3. Joe Theismann

Maguirre is a know it all (at the same time not knowing sh**). He immediately discounts what the other announcers are saying and he believes what he is stating is fact, like he is a football God. This guy makes me sick, and half the time I'm tempted to turn down the sound when he's on. Extremely opinionated douche.

Collinsworth is a hypocrite (ex: John Smith is the worst player in the league. John Smith then catches a 50 yard pass for TD one quarter later. John Smith is now the best player that ever lived. )

Theismann has the same style as Maguirre.
brewmaniac
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby nickjumpman » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:14 pm

Paul Maguire is the biggest piece of sh*t ever. I pretty much hate everything that idiot says. He never knows what he is talking about and he is a damn weasel. He is little, old, fat and has such a hi pitched voice. He sounds like a little damn weasel.
nickjumpman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:22 pm

Maguire and Theismann come close to making Sunday night games unbearable. The bickering and the attitudes and the cockiness...I don't care for them all to be honest.

Frankly, I also don't like Joe Buck either.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby gatorman1122 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:35 pm

Dennis Miller hands down :-t
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Nilmerf » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:29 pm

The entire ESPN booth gets the nod for top 3 worst, bar none. The Fox team is pretty good, the CBS team is pretty anonymous, and Madden and Michaels are the best in my opinion.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:30 pm

ESPN game commentary crew are thee worst EVER!
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:53 pm

The ESPN crew is absolutely horrible, but John Madden is right up there too. ...although on Saturday, going from ESPN calling the Rams/'Hawks to MNF calling Jets/Chargers, Madden sounded like a genius.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Halcyon » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:04 pm

Ha, it takes those three idiots to make Madden sound good. I used to think it would be hard to be worse than Madden, but when ESPN put that crew together (and left it together! are they blind?) they managed to top him.
Halcyon Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TTTBone » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:27 pm

I'm pretty sure we've been through this one before, but Collinsworth is the worst, with Theismann rating a close second.
Two pompous asses who seem to think they have some elite football knowledge noone else can fully understand, simply because they once played in the league. They're smarter than the current coaches, players, refs... hell, they're smarter than Stephen Hawking.
Collinsworth wrote:What a horrible call by Hawking on string-theory... what was he thinking?

Theismann wrote:See, I never would have called it like that... That's just not the way you theorize in the world of physics.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby warrick95 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:28 am

I love the ESPN crew. I've made this comment before...they're like Beavis and Butthead. Everything they say is stupid and laughable. It's like watching guys on pot. It's also hilarious when they kiss the asses of any "hyped" player, as well as any has been that was great.

During the SEA/STL game...one of them was like, Jerry Rice made this play...he took the cornerback out of the play which freed up Jackson (or Engram) for the catch.

Well DUH...that's what another WR does...they never say this about other no-name WRs who attract attention, too.

I hate Joe Buck's voice. It's terrible. Collinsworth is horrific as well.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Next

Return to Football Talk