Colts offense is getting overhyped - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Colts offense is getting overhyped

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:55 pm

well, in a perfect world, a cb's play isn't suppossed to "stand out" -- the same reason why lito sheppard and not sheldon brown was selected to be in the nfc probowl. no one throws at sheldon, as he covers them much tighter. lito is good, but people attack him, giving him a chance at real stats.

brown was good. if you don't hear a cb's name, usually that means he is having a good game. (obviosuly, unless he gets a pick or blitzes or something)
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:10 am

Brown played a very good game. Stokley was the Colts' leading receiver--8 for 64--but Brown wasn't on him the whole game. Brown had three tackles, two solo.

I'm not saying Brown was the reason for the win, but since you made it clear that the Patriots DBs could not cover the Colts receivers, and specifically pointed out Brown, I would say you were wrong.
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby aussieboy » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:54 am

There is no way you can call the Colts O overrated. They are simply awesome. However, the times they have stumbled have been against awesome defenses, and as has been said before, great defenses more often than not triumph over great offenses.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk