2005 RB rankings on Fanball.com - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2005 RB rankings on Fanball.com

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joshyboy72 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:34 pm

here are some of my thoughts on it:

Tatum Bell is way too high.
Chris Brown is a tad underrated. The only concern about him is injury; but whenever he's played he's been unbelievable.
McGahee is fine where he is.
Julius Jones is a bit too high. He hasn't proved a heck of a lot yet.
13-14-15 should look like KJ, Rudi, and CMart respectively.
6-7-8 should look like Davis, Lewis, Dillon.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dave416 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:32 pm

Underrated on the list: Westbrook, S. Jackson, Suggs
Overrated: McGahee - maybe eventually, butyou can not put him #5 when he has yet to prove that much.
Barlow - Should be not be on that list. (I'm sure I will be paying for this remark next season, when he goes for 1400 yards)
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby Cooner » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:20 pm

i like these ratings a lot- a few changes but this is about what i am thinking.

With Buckhalter back to take away Westbrook's (already too few) rushing attempts, that's about where I have him rated as well.
Best... fantasy advice... EVER. :D

[quote]Always play the players who will get you the most points[/quote]
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Azrael » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:13 pm

dave416 wrote:Underrated on the list: Westbrook, S. Jackson, Suggs
Overrated: McGahee - maybe eventually, butyou can not put him #5 when he has yet to prove that much.
Barlow - Should be not be on that list. (I'm sure I will be paying for this remark next season, when he goes for 1400 yards)

This is one of the biggest mistakes in the fantasy football game, preconceptions about not ranking guys high enough because they have not "proven" themselves. This is a huge reason why people suck at drafting fantasy teams. They try to take "proven" guys over the potential of guys.

It's not about what guys have done in the past ladies and gents, it's about predicting what they'll do in the upcoming season. McGahee is a legitimate top 5 pick. I've personally got him in the top 3.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby dave416 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:00 am

I agree with you to a point, but I certainly do not "suck" at drafting. I think that if you draft the proven guys, then you are all but guaranteed a consistent, competitive team (barring injuries). But if you put McGahee in your top 3, like you said, that means you are liable to use a top 5 pick on him, which I am not quite ready to do. I agree that the ingredients are there to make McGahee a star, but I would take a proven player in that spot, because if you do not, you could ruin your year (although I agree that McGahee will not be a bust by any means next year). I would tend to save these risks for the middle and latter parts of the draft, where a mistake would not kill you. Keep in mind that NBA Drafts are often ruined when they draft these high school players with "unlimited potential" instead of proven college stars. Yes, a select few go on to greatness (Kobe, Garnett, J. O'neal, etc), but there are many more who never even see the NBA court.

That being said, good luck in the upcoming year ;-D . I hope McGahee pans out (I think he will, but not to the caliber of a top 3 RB). Maybe we can get into a league together and let our opposing strategies duke it out.
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Previous

Return to Football Talk