Randy Moss the Greatest NFL Player of All time - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Randy Moss the Greatest NFL Player of All time

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby awwchrist » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:25 pm

Jesus Christ not again.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:30 pm

Part of the problem is that it is wrongly perceived that Moss has not brought his team any success or to the post season. This is just plain wrong. Randy has been in the league 7 years. Of those 7 years the Vikings have been .500 or better 5 out of 7. They have been to the playoffs 4 out of 7 and to the NFC Championship game twice in that span. Over-all during Randy's years with the Vikes the team has a successful play-off record of 5-3. He and his team have had success. So, eaglesrule, add a check to the "team success" catagory. Consider the fact that he is only 27 years old and I think the only thing lacking in some people's eyes - the Super Bowl ring - is a good possibility to be won. No he is not the best ever, he is not the best player in the NFL right now (I agree wholeheartedly that it is Manning), but he definately is in my and most people's opinions the best WR in the game now and is on a path to possibly be the best ever. Time will tell. But he has brought the Vikes success. Those victories and the team's playoff record is in a large part because of him. He certainly is not a "cancer" as many claim. I don't see any Viking players wishing he wasn't there.
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:35 pm

fair enough, will do. as long as people stop pointing to the amzaing value of the amazingly empty regular season stat.
ok?
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:36 pm

who should we post a topic about next...wiggins, burleson, bennett?? while im nuetral to them, you guys are making me dislike the vikings with your daily posts about how great they are. :-°
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:52 pm

eaglesrule wrote:fair enough, will do. as long as people stop pointing to the amzaing value of the amazingly empty regular season stat.
ok?

Great discussion and some great points, eaglesrule. I think we better let this die or the whole cafe will be against us!! And by the way, I am not a homer or blinded by my Vikings loyalty, truth is I am very fearful for the upcoming game with the Eagles. They have the kind of defense and secondary that can stop us. We will see! Should be a great game.
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Goatwhacker » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:03 pm

Carolina Culpepper wrote: I say this while acknowledging that he will never catch most of Rice's stats because, unlike Rice, he won't make a fool of himself by playing way past his prime.

Nope, he'll stick to making a fool of himself in other ways.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:04 pm

it is a shame. because I am not slamming moss. I actually like him. I think he caught a bum rap.

I thought he was jerkoff for mooning. Lo and behold we find out that is par for the course in GB. Info would have been useful to us aty the time. Where was theisman, aimkan et al on that one. NFC teams never layed in, or heard about GB.

I don't think he should be fined at all.

we will see this weekend. line was/is much to high for this one.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:14 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:
Carolina Culpepper wrote: I say this while acknowledging that he will never catch most of Rice's stats because, unlike Rice, he won't make a fool of himself by playing way past his prime.

As soon as I wrote that I knew I left myself open to that kind of response - touche'. Let me re-write that - I acknowledge that he will never catch most of Rice's stats because, unlike Rice, he doesn't have the desire to play way past his prime. There, like that better!
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby kevinoc81 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:19 pm

Carolina Culpepper wrote:
Goatwhacker wrote:

As soon as I wrote that I knew I left myself open to that kind of response - touche'. Let me re-write that - I acknowledge that he will never catch most of Rice's stats because, unlike Rice, he doesn't have the desire to play way past his prime. There, like that better!

Do you and Randy Moss talk on a regular basis?

1.) I think the whole basis of this post says that Randy had better catch some of Rice's stats.

2.) We, at this moment have no idea when Randy's "prime" is going to end and how long he is going to play.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Goatwhacker » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:25 pm

eaglesrule wrote:
I thought he was jerkoff for mooning. Lo and behold we find out that is par for the course in GB.

It's not par for the course in GB. I would guess the great majority of Green Bay fans, including myself, do not moon the opposing team. I don't follow the logic of: Because some classless fans moon the opposing team, it is therefore understandable that Moss would also show a lack of class.

But, I agree with you, it's not that big a deal. I think he should get a $5000 fine which is the standard I think for stupid endzone displays, and which to him is a pittance.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk