Randy Moss the Greatest NFL Player of All time - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Randy Moss the Greatest NFL Player of All time

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Randy Moss the Greatest NFL Player of All time

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:56 pm

Bennett4Prez wrote:
Nilmerf wrote:
nickjumpman wrote:Just to end this post I am willing to accept these other players as greatest of all time if you really think they are:

1) Jim Brown
2) Barry Sanders
3) Joe Montana
4) Marino
5) Elway
6) Unitas
7) Gus Ferrote

Wow, I'm laughing my ass off. I didn't even catch that. I just went along with the rest of the pointless rambling...

That is fricken hilarious.

Ya, I saw that too! I was surprised no one mentioned that earlier. Sad thing is that I think he is serious :-?
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:11 pm

All these vikings posts are really killign the cafe and the leftovers forum. Come on hammy!!

anyway, I think that you were going a little overboard here. half of randy moss's success is from having a great QB. think abotu TO. he wasn't nearly as good in SF as he is on the eagles becasue the eagles have donovan mcnabb. and he is no where near the best football player of all time. I'd have to give that to Johnny Unitas.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:17 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:All these vikings posts are really killign the cafe and the leftovers forum. Come on hammy!!

anyway, I think that you were going a little overboard here. half of randy moss's success is from having a great QB. think abotu TO. he wasn't nearly as good in SF as he is on the eagles becasue the eagles have donovan mcnabb. and he is no where near the best football player of all time. I'd have to give that to Johnny Unitas.

If forced to choose a best ever, I would agree with you. Unitas's stats are incredible when you consider he played in an era where the passing game was not near what it is in today's NFL (different rules and philosophy). Also he has some of those intangibles that seem so highly rated on this cafe such as the championship rings. If I remember right it was Marino who broke Unitas's single season TD record that Manning now has broken. Unitas did it in a 14 game season, not 16.
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:24 pm

Best ever: Jim Brown
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nickjumpman » Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:14 pm

I respect the Jim Brown post. I love Jim Brown, he was nasty.

Canadian Cheesehead gets respect for Jim Brown cause he was unbelieveable.

I'm glad people finally mentioned the Gus Ferrote thing. Hell I thought it was even funny when I put him on the list. Haha.
nickjumpman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Atog » Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:25 pm

i'm not sure about Barry at #2. He didn't play enough to really merit a solid spot in the 'best of all time list'.
I'd personally put Jerry Rice at #1 or #2.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:42 pm

Atog wrote:i'm not sure about Barry at #2. He didn't play enough to really merit a solid spot in the 'best of all time list'.
I'd personally put Jerry Rice at #1 or #2.

over people like brown and unitas?? you've got to be kidding me.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Postby awwchrist » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:05 pm

In lieu of the other Viking threads already started, can we please use this one to address the Gus Frerotte (slpelling?) ranking?

hehehe
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:13 pm

awwchrist wrote:In lieu of the other Viking threads already started, can we please use this one to address the Gus Frerotte (slpelling?) ranking?

hehehe

I would put Gus right behind Jeff Hostetler and Elvis Grbac for the 7th best player of all time! ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:20 pm

J2thez929 wrote:
awwchrist wrote:In lieu of the other Viking threads already started, can we please use this one to address the Gus Frerotte (slpelling?) ranking?

hehehe

I would put Gus right behind Jeff Hostetler and Elvis Grbac for the 7th best player of all time! ;-D

yeah, so then who's #1?? I say johnny unitas.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk