Harrington to be cut?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Harrington to be cut??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Harrington to be cut??

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:46 pm

Alot of rumors flying around detroit right now on both local sports radio programs and the news about Joey getting cut in Feb. Im coming to the end of my rope with the Lions and have been a big supporter thick and thin for the last 25 years. They cannot make up their minds, i personally would like to see Joey start for the Lions again next year, giving him 4 years and after that if he continues to suck cut him free. We need a legit backup QB to be acquired in the offseason to pressure Joey a bit. Fear makes a player play above his head, ask Drew Brees.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/sports/40 ... etail.html

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:49 pm

id like to see him around detroit for at least one more year before cutting bait with him, and i agree with you about bringing in some competion for him.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kevinoc81 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:38 pm

We'll take him and let him compete with Rex. That will ensure us never seeing Quinn or Krenzel again!
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:40 pm

They could give McMahon another chance. If this was in the cards, I don't see why they wouldn't have given McMahon a test drive the last few weeks of the season. So they would know if he would be a posible successor.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lions go after Brees, or a QB in the draft. But they have so many needs, that a QB may not be the best choice for them with the 10th pick.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:54 pm

You obviously have never really seen McMahon play.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:59 pm

I'm sure the Browns will gladly trade Garcia for Joey. Just call up Millan and ask him what he thinks...
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bennett4prez » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:16 pm

I think he deserves to stick around. He has never been stellar, but no point in having dead cap money when you got Mikey as your backup...

Besides, give him a chance with his #1 WR, Rogers, out there.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:17 pm

Pretty sure I called this at the beginning of the season.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Harrington might be released

Postby The Lung » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:19 pm

It's also on Yahoo!/Fanball:

Lions: Harrington might be released

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Wednesday, January 12, 2005

News
Joey Harrington's career in Detroit might be coming to an end, as Lions' officials are reportedly considering the idea of releasing the veteran quarterback in February to avoid paying him a $3 million roster bonus. "That decision hasn't been made yet," a source told the Michigan Live website. The three-year veteran is scheduled to make nearly $5 million in 2005. The Lions would take a $5.5 million salary cap hit next season if they choose to release Harrington.

Views
No word yet as to whom the Lions are considering as a possible replacement for Harrington. Veteran backup Mike McMahon is a free agent and does not appear to be a starting candidate. These discussions were brought on by a letter written by offensive coordinator Sherm Lewis, who retired at the end of the season. In the letter, Lewis informed team president Matt Millen and Lions' ownership of his belief that the team can not win with Harrington as a starter. We will continue to watch this situation closely in the coming weeks.

(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:20 pm

Mutantseabass wrote:
You obviously have never really seen McMahon play.

Actually I have seen him play. I wasn't left feeling like he was the best QB in the world but that he could hold his own. And Harrington has not exactly set the world ablaze this year with 9 less than 200 yd games passing this year. Harrington's decision making is horrible too.

I would be willing to give McMahon a shot.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk