Roy Williams next year with Rogers back??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Roy Williams next year with Rogers back???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Roy Williams next year with Rogers back???

Postby FF Newbie » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:05 pm

I'd like to get a few thoughts on how the return of Charles Rogers will impact Roy's numbers next season. If Rogers can play at a high level, it'll definitely take some of the attention of Roy that he's been getting. On the other hand, there's only about 5-6 downfield balls/game from Harrington to go around, of which maybe 1 is on target, so having another viable option to share the ball with could hurt his numbers. Kevin Jones and the running game seemed to become the focal point of the offense the last several weeks of the season, but Roy put up some solid numbers the last few weeks. Maybe it was just the ankle injury that slowed him down during the middle of the season??? As you can tell from my sig, I'm a big fan of "The Legend" and I also own him on my fantasy team, so I'd like to get some unbiased feedback about his prospects for next year. I also own Tatum Bell and have to decide between the two for my rookie keeper.
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby gatorman1122 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:22 pm

I doubt it if it'll help Roy's numbers next year since Harrington might not be around anymore and McMahon might not even be the starter. The QB situation is a mess right now. As for the keeper situation, I'd go with Bell (RBs over WRs) even though he might share carries and get injured. He's such an explosive RB and is comparable to Clinton Portis when he was in Denver. Keep in mind that Roy Williams started off the year ridiculously hot (which may have inflated his stats a little) but slowed down as the year progressed. Was his TD streak a fluke? Maybe.
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:35 pm

Well lets see, Roys numbers will be good for the first two quarters while Rogers is playing and then at half time Rogers will break his collarbone putting his jersey back on and from then on a healthy Roy will be a stud. Kills me to think we could have had Andre Johnson.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:38 pm

ROY imitator Roy williams should be a great player next year. The return of rogers should help him out a good deal, although that can sometimes be hard to predict. It might be that it will take the pressure off of Roy or it might be that Rogers just steals all of the balls and Roy's numbers might go down. Same uncertainty with Tatum Bell. Depending on how long you have to make your decision, wait and see if Broncos make any offseason moves. My hunch is that Tatum will start next year and I would keep him.
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:20 pm

i can barely remember rogers playing..few games and far between :-o
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:25 pm

Rogers can be a stud, if he plays. This duo would be unstoppable, an absolute nightmare for the secondaries of the NFC North, who already have a lot to handle with Moss, Walker, Burleson, and Driver.

I think his numbers will be similar to this year, with Rogers posting 1000 and 7 if he plays the whole season.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Calyxes » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:21 pm

While I agree with Mutantseabass, I think the two should both put up great numbers. I hate Harrington as much as the next person, but he has had the worst WR's to throw to, Except Williams who was hurt much of the year. If you watch many of the games he has at least 5-10 dropped passes a game. Most of which come on critical plays. If Rogers plays like he did during the pre-season this year he looks great. Same with a healthy Williams. Harrington also needs to improve some of his throws but I think he as chance to be alright. I think both can put up good numbers while playing together next year. I also wish we would have drafted AJ. :-°
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby LT Blue Colt » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:01 am

I think and really hope that if the Lions keep Joey, with Rogers, Williams, and Jones the Lions could pose a huge threat to all NFC teams next year. I know Joey hasn't proved himself very well the past couple years, but I really think the Lions would be a stronger team not losing him and bringing in a new guy. There's a lot to talk about the Lions, and I'll be putting my two cents in their forum, so if anybody wants to BS about the Lions I'll be there. ;-D
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby tomkatt » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:10 am

I think it was reported on CBS sportsline that the Lions are talking about cutting Joey. They also speculated that Garcia may be coming to town, so it doesn't look like Charlie or Roy will be running any deep patterns in '05. :-o
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:50 am

I don't think Joey will be cut. This should be a motivational tactic/wake-up call. If Rogers can keep from being broken then he is a fantastic WR and really dangerous as a #2. The Lions O could really work if all are healthy. I still think Roy can reach 1000 yards and upwards of 10 TDs with or without Rogers around. Rogers could be the real sleeper this year.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk