This week ... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

This week ...

Moderator: Football Moderators

This week ...

Postby Lushcrush » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:21 pm

Is it just me or does 9 seem to be a lot of points to give in the playoffs?
Looks like NE-Indy at 2 is a pick-em but at the same time a tough pick.
I'd like to bet Saturday and let it ride on whatever I can come up with on the NE - Indy game.
So we got: Atlanta- St. Louis and Pittsburg - Jets Saturday. I kinda like the Steelers -9. I really would rather not bet Atlanta - maybe it's just me but a ten foot pole is not quite long enough in that game.
Anybody got some feeling on Saturdays games? :-?
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joester » Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:18 pm

I actually like every dog this weekend. I read somewhere that dogs of 7 or more come in like 75% of the time in the playoffs over the past 5 year so I am rolling with the numbers. I am betting every dog this weekend, but I am especially loading up on Indy +3 (5 units) and on the NY Jets/ Pittsburgh over (5 units).
GEAUX SAINTS!!!!
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Tyr » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:06 pm

I got in on Indy +3.5, which I was pretty excited about. I think that NE will win it, but I really can't see them winning by more than a field goal - especially not with Indi (especially Manning) playing at such a high level. I'm also dropping a unit on this game's UNDER 52. Indy is amazing through the air, but Peyton+Freezing cold weather in foxborough?

I like the Vikes/Eagles OVER 48. I'm still shocked that it's so low for offenses as high powered as these. While Philly's defense is deffinately above average, I don't think they'll be able to contain CPep to under 3 TDs, and I think it's pretty likely that a TO/Westbrook combination will be able to take four TDs against a terribly sub-par Minnesotta D. I'm a little worried about the Moss injury factor, but I'm still pretty comfortable with this line. I like Minn+8.5, as well.

StL@Atl? I didn't even consider touching this one. Both teams are far too volatile to bet on. Won't touch the O/U, won't touch the spread. I won't even touch a bet on the money line, here.

NYJ@Pitts is going to be my money game of the week, I think. I'm putting units on NYJ+9 (Such a huge spread for a playoff game, even if NYJ isn't exactly superbowl caliber this year) and, like joester, I'm loading up on an amazingly low O/U of OVER 35.
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Lushcrush » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:41 am

The over on Pitt-Jets does look fairly delicious on Saturday. I think that game is the ticket on Saturday. Thanks for the input guys ... ;-D

Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Lushcrush » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:21 pm

joester wrote:I actually like every dog this weekend. I read somewhere that dogs of 7 or more come in like 75% of the time in the playoffs over the past 5 year so I am rolling with the numbers. I am betting every dog this weekend, but I am especially loading up on Indy +3 (5 units) and on the NY Jets/ Pittsburgh over (5 units).

Joester, good luck on those dogs ;-D I don't have the cahones this week - I been beat up enough the last few weeks. It will be interesting to watch and see what kind of percentage you get.
I do like your Pitts/Jets over ... that's gonna be my Saturday Starter Special ;-D

Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dave416 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:30 pm

Tyr, you wrote that the TO/Westbrook combo should be good for 4 TDs. Keep in mind that TO is out, which probably explains the O/U of 48. Also, I believe that the Eagles were in the top 3 in scoring defense this year, appling the old "bend but don't break" strategy. Also, earlier this year, the teams combined for only 43 with TO (Minnesota scored only 16, although CPepp did fumble on the goalline). All of those factors probably have the number where it is. Taking all that into consideration, I would stay away from that O/U. Either way you choose, good luck.
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby joester » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:42 pm

Ouch........Lost 3 units this week..........Dog theory did not prove well. Will hopefully do better next week.
GEAUX SAINTS!!!!
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Lushcrush » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:57 pm

joester wrote:Ouch........Lost 3 units this week..........Dog theory did not prove well. Will hopefully do better next week.

Only half of my theories worked this week ... gonna try a new theory next week as soon as I figure out what it is :-?

Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Evolution » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:42 am

One line I've seen on NE-Pitt has NE -3. That could make things very interesting.

I've seen an O/U of 41 for the NFC Title game. If that stands, I like that over.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Tyr » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:44 am

I did very well this week.. mainly thanks to dropping a half dozen units each on NYJ+9, and the NYJ/Pitts O/U.
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk