Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:40 pm

it probably won't happen though, but I wish it would
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby matmat » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:43 pm

yeah. it would by amusing as hell if vikings players and coaches refused to do on-field interviews. :)
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:53 pm

matmat wrote:yeah. it would by amusing as hell if vikings players and coaches refused to do on-field interviews. :)

Reporter: Randy, did your afro get in the way during your 70 yard, 2 TD game??

Randy: F*** you miss. I thoght you already knew that I'm going rapper and not doing these f***in interviews anymore. You got it? (gunshot)

Reporter: One last wuestion before I die. Will you become the next ricky williams?

Randy: F*** off you b****. I already smoke weed. Two bowls a day.

(gunshot)

:-°

excuse the profanity.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:11 pm

Red McCombs is wacky. I really believe most of the Vikings problems begin with him, not Moss or Tice. But the truth is for once I think he is actually right. Listen, in my mind it should be the hope of every football fan that when you turn on a national broadcast of a game to watch that you can believe that the announcers you will be hearing are nuetral in regards to the teams and players, at least at the start of the game. Now they will respond and comment to what happens during the game, but going in you should be able to believe for nuetrality. If you want a biased opinion, you can get Sirrus (sp?) radio and tune in the home teams radio broadcast.

With that in mind after what has happened this week with Joe Buck appearing on show after show to continue to declare his "indignation" of Moss is there anyone who can really believe that he is unbiased as he goes into the Vikngs/Eagles national broadcast on Sunday? His biggest mistake was not the original over-reaction to Moss's mooning. That was a spontaneous reaction, albeit a bit over the top, but none-the-less a comment on the unfolding action that you expect from a broadcaster. But where he steps out of bounds and makes in reality as classless and unprofessional a move for his profession as Moss did in his is his continuing to gratuitously appear on media outlet after media outlet blasting Moss when he knows he is scheduled to broadcast their upcoming game. This is completely unprofessional and makes everyone doubt his objectivity for the upcoming game. Red was ultimately right in asking for his removal in my mind.
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk