Divisional Playoffs Lines and Locks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Divisional Playoffs Lines and Locks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tyr » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:22 am

If I had the chance to do Indy +3.5 (like I got in on at my book ;-D ;-D ;-D ) I'd take that in a heartbeat.

As these lines stand though, Pitts@NYJ OVER 34.5 is pretty surefire.

((GLG/J2thez - StL +7, even with Bruce dropped to questionable, and with SJax hurting?? ..or are you banking on Faulk returning to old form now that he's under the spotlight?))
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:11 am

I am going with the Mook-man (watch him change his mind before tomorrow :-) ). I'm taking NE with whatever the current line is...1.5, 2.5 - doesn't matter to me.

I just don't trust the "super-uber offensive juggernaut" Colts in the cold, at NE, or against Bill "Zen Master of the NFL" Belichick. Looks like everyone in the media likes Indy, and I'm sure the Pats wouldn't want it any other way. Vinatieri kicks the game-winner with no time left. ;-D

Oh, and that Peyton choke thing is about ready to rear its ugly head, I think. :-)

I also think Minnesota will beat Philadelphia...side bet! O:-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:26 am

I'm having a tough time with this week and my cold streak has sapped my confidence a little.

Listening to the NFL specials on TV and on the radio, they are really working the topic of the NE secondary being depleted, specifically Ty Law. I don't buy it. The NE defence is not built on individual performances but on a system. They have been preparing for the Colts for 2 weeks. The Pats are down to a one point fav. They will systematically take the Colts apart. It will be a clinic. Taking Pats -1 as my lock.

I am also taking the Steelers -8.5. I still don't think that the Jets have much heart. It will be too easy to deflate them at Heinz - could be a real blow-out.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mustangs989 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:33 pm

STL +7 for me...
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tyr » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:01 am

It kills me that Vick rushed 40 yards more than he passed. That's good stuff. I think that if Bruce and SJax had both been in good condition, those scores would've been reversed.
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby CC » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:02 am

Tyr wrote:It kills me that Vick rushed 40 yards more than he passed. That's good stuff. I think that if Bruce and SJax had both been in good condition, those scores would've been reversed.

I don't think Bruce and Stephen Jackson are going to stop the Falcons from scoring 30 of their 47 points.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Turnip » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:27 pm

I'm late, there's only one game left to pick

NE -1.5
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tyr » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:40 am

CC - if Bruce had played, and SJax been healthy, I think StL would've had a much longer possession time. Maybe a literal switch of the scores is a bit of a stretch, but with Atlanta's passing game, and StL having a moderately effective offense, who knows?
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:49 am

Turnip wrote:I'm late, there's only one game left to pick

NE -1.5

Good choice! ;-D

Yay for you, me, and Mookie (and anyone else that took them)! :-]
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:36 pm

I bet St. Louis and they could not stop Atlanta at all. Unbelievable.

They were simply manhandled at the line. No way would've SJax and Bruce made a difference.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk