What was your video game of choice growing up? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

What was your video game of choice growing up?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:00 pm

Maybe the makes of it will come out with it as a game you just plug into the tv and play..That would be sweet. I have the bug to play this again. I forgot about those guys...Piston Honda, Super Macho Man...those bring back the memories..

I don't remember getting stars on the Sandman either...Think it just took awhile to knock him out, but it's been so long since I have played it!
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:46 pm

OMG! I love Mike Tyson's punch out. I used to play it all the time when I was in elementary school. I remember when I broke my wrist in 5th grade, I learned to play the game one handed with the controller on the ground. It took forever but I finally got good and beat the game with one hand :-b
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:21 pm

J2thez929 wrote:OMG! I love Mike Tyson's punch out. I used to play it all the time when I was in elementary school. I remember when I broke my wrist in 5th grade, I learned to play the game one handed with the controller on the ground. It took forever but I finally got good and beat the game with one hand :-b

LOL, I knew a kid that had a crippled hand from birth, but that son of a gun could play some nintendo with one hand! What's more amazing is that he would actually turn the control upside down, and he would play with one hand.

One time we had a Street Fighter tournament and he beat two seasoned video game players before getting eliminated. IT was pretty incredible. Anyway, not that anyone cares....
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MCG321 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:45 pm

Wow, this is my new favorite thread. Seeing pictures of the games brings back great memories.

I must've scrolled through this thread 3 times just looking at the games... *sigh*
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:42 am

Zelda was definately my favorite. I used to spend so much time playing it. It was a very entertaining game. I also was obsessed with goldeneye, of course 2 of the top games ever for n64 ;-)
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:49 pm

NittanyLions wrote:Zelda was definately my favorite. I used to spend so much time playing it. It was a very entertaining game. I also was obsessed with goldeneye, of course 2 of the top games ever for n64 ;-)

Yeah, pretty much THE top 2 games for N64. N64 doesn't have many good games, but those two are definitely the best for that console. Nothing else even comes close really.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:23 pm

bagobonez wrote:Yeah, pretty much THE top 2 games for N64. N64 doesn't have many good games, but those two are definitely the best for that console. Nothing else even comes close really.

Super Mario 64? That game was great.
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bagobonez » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:11 pm

Vikes_Fan2823 wrote:
bagobonez wrote:Yeah, pretty much THE top 2 games for N64. N64 doesn't have many good games, but those two are definitely the best for that console. Nothing else even comes close really.

Super Mario 64? That game was great.

Eck. I agree, it was ground breaking when it came out, but my wife made me play it with her a few weeks ago from start to finish and i was so frustrated by teh time i finally beat that stupid game. The controls are pretty terrible, but considering it was one of the first true 3D games ever made, I suppose it's acceptable.

One other games I forgot that's really good for N64 was Worms: Armageddon
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MCG321 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:36 pm

I could never play Super Mario in 3D after the great years in 2D. Same with some crappy Sonic game I tried on a next-gen system.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:48 pm

MCG321 wrote:I could never play Super Mario in 3D after the great years in 2D. Same with some crappy Sonic game I tried on a next-gen system.

Sonic Adventure? I thought that game was pretty good... except when you had to play as a couple characters... like that one cat who had to go fishing. I couldn't stand that.

Unless you're talking about Sonic Jam on the Saturn - although that was only 3D in the non-game areas... hoo, Sonic Jam was awesome... had all the really good Sonic games on one disc...

I remember really liking Mario 64 - I haven't played it recently to see if it still holds up, though. The old Mario NES and SNES games will always be the best. ;-D
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games