Sherman fired as GM - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sherman fired as GM

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sherman fired as GM

Postby PackerAttack84 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:35 pm

Mike Sherman was fired today as the GM. As a Packer fan I am glad. He has wasted way too many draft picks and made stupid pickups. Drafting BJ Sander with our 3rd rounder, Corey Williams with a third rounder. Lets decide here, who should we take...Chris Chambers or Robert Furgeson, I think we'll take Furgeson. We also have payed Darren Sharper way to much money. However, I do really like him as the coach of the Packers. So hopefully he will stay as the head coach, but there's a chance he might not stay because of being stripped of his title as GM.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:47 pm

I actually also believe that Sherman is a good coach. As a Viking fan I was hoping they would fire him from both GM and Coach. Unfortunately I think they did the best thing, Keep him as coach but remove him as GM. In today's NFL it is just too big a job to do both. Evaluating talent, preparing for the draft, working on salary cap issues, etc, etc, is a full time job. I don't think any one man can do both GM and coach effectively at the same time.. Holmgren had problems at Seattle, the Browns had trouble this year with the duel roles. It just makes sense to have a division between those job with two different people. This is not good news for Viking fans!
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:18 pm

I am pretty pleased with Sherman as a coach but I think the coach/GM combo is almost doomed to fail except for exceptional circumstances. Hopefully he can concentrate more on coaching next year and lead us deeper in the playoffs. The Packers are in need of a good offseason with so many holes. They need to fix the defence and secure a replacement for Favre.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:41 pm

what circumstances??
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:55 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:what circumstances??

An amazing coach/GM
eg. Belicheck.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:00 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:

An amazing coach/GM
eg. Belicheck.

oh. forgotabout that loser. he took over billick's name for goodness sakes. since he came in, it's liek billick or belicheck.

NE PATS :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Bennett4prez » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:38 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:

An amazing coach/GM
eg. Belicheck.

oh. forgotabout that loser. he took over billick's name for goodness sakes. since he came in, it's liek billick or belicheck.

NE PATS :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t

Huh?
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby s0meguy » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:54 pm

Link? Packers still have him listed as both
Ragin Cajuns on year #4
s0meguy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Bennett4prez » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:58 pm

Whoa, why is Ray Sherman only a WR coach? This guy is at least a Offensive coordinator. He used to be one and look what he has done with nonames like Ferguson, Driver, and Walker...
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:18 am

Bennett4Prez wrote:Whoa, why is Ray Sherman only a WR coach? This guy is at least a Offensive coordinator. He used to be one and look what he has done with nonames like Ferguson, Driver, and Walker...

Fergueson was an early 2nd round draft pick, Walker was a first round pick.... not exactly no names.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Next

Return to Football Talk