Henry given permission to seek trade - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Henry given permission to seek trade

Moderator: Football Moderators

Henry given permission to seek trade

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:55 pm

The season isnt even over and things are getting interesting. Anyone have any speculation where Travis could go. Personally i like the guy always have. Im interested to see where he will end up, the guys has put up some good numbers in the past even with Drew Bledsoe posing as a QB.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... id=1966122

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SeaWolf » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:12 pm

We'll take him here is Seattle.

Bye, bye, Shaun! ;-D
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Bennett4prez » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:34 pm

Henry is a starting running back. The question of what he demands is almost as much what he will cost.

I think he goes to DALLAS for a later draft pick (not 1st round)
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:43 pm

Bennett4Prez wrote:Henry is a starting running back. The question of what he demands is almost as much what he will cost.

Only a team that is looking to make a run and not looking for a long term solution would be a good fit for Henry, being as he is a UFA after next season.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:58 am

Maybe Buffalo would be interested in acquiring the fine talents of Koren Robinson and Jerramy Stevens? Hm...? :-?
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Flux » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:47 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Bennett4Prez wrote:Henry is a starting running back. The question of what he demands is almost as much what he will cost.

Only a team that is looking to make a run and not looking for a long term solution would be a good fit for Henry, being as he is a UFA after next season.

I dont think anyone is going to trade for him w/o restructuring his contract first. I dont think thats much of an issue, personally.

Its really hard to say where he is going to end up. There is a lot of good talent out there in FA that teams wont have to give up picks or players in order to get them. I doubt BUF takes less than a 2nd or 3rd rd pick for him, and I dont know how many teams would be willing to give that up with the current situation.

But I believe a good fit for him would be OAK. Norv loves to pound the ball, and Henry is just the type of back he needs.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:13 pm

Oakland makes the most sense to me too. Miami might be interested but Buffalo won't deal intra-divisionally probably. Miami wants Alexander or Edge more anyway. Arizona is an outside possibility.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby JimmyChoi » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:40 pm

I don't know how well Henry would do with Oakland's offensive line.??
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby joshyboy72 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:15 pm

JimmyChoi wrote:I don't know how well Henry would do with Oakland's offensive line.??

Gallery should do better next year. I'd say Henry's going to either Arizona or Oakland.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Evolution » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:31 pm

I dont think Dallas would want him with Julius Jones around.

With the amount of RBs available this offseason, I'd be suprised if Henry fetched more than a 2nd round pick.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk