Henry given permission to seek trade - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Henry given permission to seek trade

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MadScott » Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:02 pm

Evolution wrote:
Bennett4Prez wrote:Henry is a starting running back. The question of what he demands is almost as much what he will cost.

I think he goes to DALLAS for a later draft pick (not 1st round)

I dont think Dallas would want him with Julius Jones around.

With the amount of RBs available this offseason, I'd be suprised if Henry fetched more than a 2nd round pick.
My thoughts exactly. I don't think that Dallas needs Henry, especially the way that Jones finished the year.

I think a team would absolutely want to sign him long term if they are going to trade for him.

Here's a little different one to chew on, what about the Eagles? Westbrook is a free agent I believe plus I think Henry is an every downer while Westie is more of a Warrick Dunn type of back. He would be a dandy addition.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby UNDEFEATED » Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:03 pm

For those in the know: What type of running back is Travis Henry? I have never SEEN him play with my OWN EYES.

Is he a north/south type?

Slasher/cut-back type?

Run-n-Catch?

I saw somebody mention that is will not fit in the raiders scheme based on the o-line, can you elaborate as to why? I know the raiders sucked this year. But do the styles not mesh?
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby MadScott » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:35 pm

I'd kind of liken his style to a Norv Turner favorite, Emmitt Smith. I don't know that he would necessarily have trouble in the Raiders scheme. For the type of back that Turner prefers, I think he would make a nice fit.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:15 am

Evolution wrote:I dont think Dallas would want him with Julius Jones around.

Totally agree. Jones has what it takes to be the startign Dalals back for while, and putting Henry in his spot is just plain dumb.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby JimmyChoi » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:10 am

Less shifty than McGahee more of a down hill runner

UNDEFEATED wrote:For those in the know: What type of running back is Travis Henry? I have never SEEN him play with my OWN EYES.

Is he a north/south type?

Slasher/cut-back type?

Run-n-Catch?

I saw somebody mention that is will not fit in the raiders scheme based on the o-line, can you elaborate as to why? I know the raiders sucked this year. But do the styles not mesh?
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CC » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:32 am

Henry is a straight ahead, gritty runner. He is not going to get you any 75 yard TDs but he will put up 125 yards on 30 carries if given the oppurtunity, if I was a team with many needs and a hole at RB, I would definetly trade for him.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:36 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Henry is a straight ahead, gritty runner.

There's the word I was looking for,gritty.The kid plays with a lot of heart and would be a solid addition to any squad.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mutantseabass » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:06 pm

Nick Saban has said that the Phins would be interested in Henry but also said that Ricky Williams would be welcome back.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:58 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Henry is a straight ahead, gritty runner.

There's the word I was looking for,gritty.The kid plays with a lot of heart and would be a solid addition to any squad.

And he's "off the chain."
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Travis Henry: Dolphins Could be Interested

Postby The Lung » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:42 pm

Travis Henry: Dolphins Could be Interested, according to Rotowire:

Travis Henry: Dolphins Could be Interested
RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Sunday, January 16, 2005

Update: A source said the Dolphins are one of the teams exploring the acquisition of Henry, who was given permission by the Bills to seek a trade, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports.

Recommendation: It'd be odd for the Bills to trade a still viable commodity to a division rivalry, but GM Tom Donahoe has enough of a gunslinger approach to at least consider it if the offer was a good one. Don't count on this just yet though, as a trade can't be completed until March 2. The Dolphins will likely look at other options before then, as well as a talented group of rookie backs hitting the 2005 Draft.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk