Henry given permission to seek trade - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Henry given permission to seek trade

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby HunglikeChampions » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:53 pm

I also heard somewhere than he was going to speak with the cardinals and that the asking price from buffalo is a 2nd round pick. Dont have a link just what I saw on TV today
HunglikeChampions
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mo_sker » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:38 pm

Since I kept him all year on my dynasty roster - I say let him go to Denver - Shanahan would know how to make use of him!
mo_sker
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby joshyboy72 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:00 am

Saban sounds pretty interested in him, but no trade can happen until March 2.

By Alex Marvez
Staff Writer
Posted January 16 2005

A trade can't be completed until March 2. The Bills also may have reservations about trading Henry within the AFC East.

joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Roseman » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:14 am

From what I hear Arizona is the front runner for Henry!! It would be a good spot for him!!
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby ironman » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:23 pm

He's gonna be one of my keepers into next season in one league, so hopefully he lands somewhere and gets to be a premiere back once again.

I never saw him play much but everyone's description is right in line with what I've read about him. He's supposedly one tough SOB when it comes to injuries too. He guts it through minor injuries all the time. It takes something major to put him down.
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:50 pm

News: The Palm Beach Post reports Travis Henry wants to play for the Miami Dolphins next season. "I'm ready to blow up the league next year. And I hope it's in Miami ... I hope they want a top-five back." Other interested teams include Oakland, Carolina, Tampa Bay and Arizona.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:54 pm

I could see the Dolphins trading a 2nd or so for Henry and then using the #2 overall on Rodgers or Smith. One of the better ways they could upgrade the O. Of course, not much could be expected from Rodgers/Smith this year but Feeley could potentially play decently with Henry to help him out.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby maddog60 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:30 pm

First off, the Phins would find it very difficult to trade to Buffalo that 2nd rounder they already gave to Philly. I think simply for the fact another team will be able to meet that offer the Dolphins lose the Travis Henry sweepstakes.

Arizona makes sense, but I'm also thinking Seattle might get henry. He fits with their needs, and will probably be cheaper than retaining Alexander. With Okeafor, Jones, and Hasselbeck also needing resigning, Alexander has to be let go, but on the other hand, they can't afford to go into the season with just Morris back there.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:58 pm

OwenTheBlonde wrote:I could see the Dolphins trading a 2nd or so for Henry and then using the #2 overall on Rodgers or Smith. One of the better ways they could upgrade the O. Of course, not much could be expected from Rodgers/Smith this year but Feeley could potentially play decently with Henry to help him out.

Miami doesn't have a 2nd round pick this year. They used it on Feeley :(.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby CC » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:00 pm

I heard Henry is very interested in heading to Miami and he also said that he is "one of the top 5 backs in the league." All this info comes from Buffalo radio.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk