It Ain't [expletive] - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

It Ain't [expletive]

Moderator: Football Moderators

It Ain't [expletive]

Postby Bennett4prez » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:31 pm

Well, I know people are sick of the Randy talk, but I want to talk about the consequences.

Honestly, 10 grand may be a lot to some of the practice squad players, but honestly, 10 grand to someone like Owens, Moss, or Chad Johnson is insane.

I'm going to get right to the point. Should suspensions be mandatory?
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby goleafsgo96 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:41 pm

i dunno about suspensions, but if theyre gonna lay down a fine they may as well actually fine the guy. My friends were talking about it at lunchtime, its like me doing this at my high school game then getting fined like 25 cents for it. Its ridiculous.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:42 pm

No, these celebrations are just for fun, and I think that even the fines are excessive. If they really want to make the players stop, they should give the other team points or subtract points. But that is stupid, so they should just increase the fines to: 1 billion dollars.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SeaWolf » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:51 pm

What ever happened to just playing football. The league is filling up with a bunch of "look at me" players. :-t

I can guess most people with dissagree with me, but I'm old school. No pompoms, no sharpies, no cell phones, no mooning, ect, ect, ect......
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Goatwhacker » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:57 pm

I agree with Sea Wolf that this stuff is tiresome and not football. I think suspension would be too much, though. Fines aren't perfect but are probably still the best option the league has.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:40 pm

i hate to think about how bad it might get in the future if something isnt done now. i can just imagine whole teams correographing celebrations. i mean, im not so much against some of them, but there has to be a limit, and if one cant be set, then they need to be stricter enforcing players not doing them at all.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:20 am

I don't understand why players can't have a little class in their endzone celebrations. The NFL should put a patch on all footballs reminding NFL players "What would Deion do?"
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

fines

Postby Daddymike59 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:11 am

No way suspensions should ever be mandatory for ones expressing themselves. He didn't bare his ass he didn't flip the crowd off he made a subliminal message. We are close to getting into a political debate here over the right to express yourself. The fine was just to let Moss know that the League recognized his act and didn't appriciate it not like punishment. Maybe Lambeau Leapers should be fined as well...

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Re: fines

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:16 am

Daddymike59 wrote:No way suspensions should ever be mandatory for ones expressing themselves. He didn't bare his ass he didn't flip the crowd off he made a subliminal message. We are close to getting into a political debate here over the right to express yourself. The fine was just to let Moss know that the League recognized his act and didn't appriciate it not like punishment. Maybe Lambeau Leapers should be fined as well...

last time i checked i wasnt allowed to express myself about everything i wanted at my job. dont forget that playing football is their job. if i did something unexeceptable at my job i would expect to repremanded regardless of my "rights"
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:30 am

deluxe_247 wrote:i hate to think about how bad it might get in the future if something isnt done now. i can just imagine whole teams correographing celebrations. i mean, im not so much against some of them, but there has to be a limit, and if one cant be set, then they need to be stricter enforcing players not doing them at all.

I remember watching film on the Skins WR corps back in the day. They called themselves the fun bunch, I believe, and when one would score a TD they would all gather in a circle in the endzone and do a celebratory dance. And you know the funny thing about *using best Joe Buck voice (or talking out of my a**)*disgusting act? The fans seemed to love it.
Why the stuffed shirts in the NFL decide that celebrations of the games accomplishments is a bad thing is beyond me. If they can dance when they score a TD, then they all would and ESPN wouldn't pimp it so bad and they wouldn't compete to be outrageous.
The NFL need to step back and realize the in trying to appease their corperate sponsors they are strangling the fun out of the game. And the ratings will keep on dropping.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Football Talk