It Ain't [expletive] - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

It Ain't [expletive]

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Ironhorse75 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:51 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:i can just imagine whole teams correographing celebrations. .

Like in Any Given Sunday, throwing the football as a bomb and when it hits everyone drops to the ground... or machine gunning your teammates down.
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Nilmerf » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:11 am

I think my signature says it best. ;-D
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:36 am

Nilmerf wrote:I think my signature says it best. ;-D

LOL :-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:03 am

What the hell are you guys talking about?Are we really suggesting that we don't want to watch the Moss's of the league goof around in the endzone? Let's assume for the sake of this arguement that we all watched the Moon over Green Bay incident. If you didn't, you wouldn'tve bother posting here, no?

Now let's take all who oppose the act. What are that suggestions for dealing with an act that we would rather not watch? Fines, suspensions, and disgust and pompous moral outrage(Joe Buck).

What I want to know is that given that this isn't a first offense and is almost expected with certain players, Moss being one of them, and that it is offensive to you and you don't want to see it...Why are you watching? The last time I looked the play (TD, sack, crucial INT in a 45-3 loss, etc.) had to be over before the goofing begins. You don't have to watch. But you do.

And the hypocritical NFL, though posing as moral police, fail to take the easiest cure. Censosrship. They could simply tell the networks that once tha whistle blows cut to the Joe Bucks who can then expond on what is right and wrong with society, thus elininating the 'offensive acts'. Now that's what I'm watching for!

Point being that the NFL realizes that fans like watching these 'disgusting' acts so they keep showing them, inbetween beer ads of course. So the next time you want to say that so~n~so should be crucified for dancing after the play, take the time to ask youself what was I doing watching? The whistle blows, reach down and grab your Joe Buck's guide to clean living and read away. They let you know when the next play is coming.

And really, Moss more offensive that Hitler? Can we get a reality check in ailse three?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Goatwhacker » Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:18 pm

moochman wrote:
And really, Moss more offensive that Hitler? Can we get a reality check in ailse three?

Maybe they could do a "sense of humor" and "satire recognition" check too.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby biju » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:16 pm

Why not just always have a "fee" for post-scoring antics. Then a player can just decide whether or not to do it knowing he will always have to pay.

Personally I like the celebrations. Even the excessive ones seem fine to me. I can certainly remember playing in my youth and while some of my scores warranted no celebration (especially when my team was _way_ down) I can also remember tying up the game, or putting us ahead with only a minute left to go.

Those emotional celebrations are actually pretty hard to keep bottled up.

What I don't understand are the choreographed ones, like the cell phone or the sharpie. Maybe if they were declared before the game like "If I score a TD today I will do a choreographed dance". Then, if they don't do it and/or get shut down it really just makes them look stupid.

I seriously wonder how many sharpie incidences have been set up and not done because the player didn't deliver. I'd love to make fun of those guys.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Celebrations

Postby Daddymike59 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:30 pm

To take away someones personality is totally ridiculous. TO stepping on the Dallas star? Someone from the Cowboys should have kicked his ass. The league stayed out of it. The 49ers took care of it. Fines don't mean squat to these guys and it IS part of their personality. Marvin Harrison won't do it. Holt won't do it. Horn and TO and Moss will do it. Let them have their fun it doesn't hurt anyone.

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Bennett4prez » Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:27 am

Because punishments are supposed to end the act. Example: If taking away your kids keys won't stop him from seeing his girlfriend why take away the keys?

So, if fining Moss $10,000 won't stop him from "tasteless celebrations", why fine him $10,000?

For the record, I'm fine with the celebrations as well. (Aside from Horn. That was just stupid, not funny.) I was just wondering, why does the NFL continue with the fines if it isn't helping the problem at all?
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

celebs

Postby Daddymike59 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:38 am

Good question B4P what good does it do and where does the money go from the fines??? An NFL Fine Pool?

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:46 am

I've been thinking about this. How are you gonna let Moss moon your fans and wipe his ass all over the goalpost in your house. One of the Packers should have laid his ass out, I'm kind of disappointed nobody did anything.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk