DraftKing 2005 Mock - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

DraftKing 2005 Mock

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Azrael » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:03 pm

This sucks, I thought it was going to be a fantasy mock. Who cares about NFL mocks.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: DraftKing 2005 Mock

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:42 pm

Daddymike59 wrote:10. Detroit Lions - Heath Miller, TE, Virginia

They Lions don't need a TE that bad...
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Draft

Postby Daddymike59 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:52 pm

I didn't say that but Heath Miller is far and away the best TE in the draft and he is a junior. 6-5 255 unanimous All-American He can bring a load........

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Turnip » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:33 pm

the Lions should use their 10th pick on an Offensive coordinator
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joester » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:33 pm

Where's Ahmad Brooks???
GEAUX SAINTS!!!!
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby joshyboy72 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:39 pm

joester wrote:Where's Ahmad Brooks???

He's going back to college.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:48 pm

Hahaha if anyone just saw Mel Kiper's top 10 draft pick analysis on Sportscenter, well he also believes the Lions will go for Heath Miller at 10.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:56 am

I like the Lions taking Heath Miller at #10. First off, I think they'll pick up another QB who's better than Harrington and can actually run their offense, so they could hold off on drafting another franchise guy for now. Roy Williams and Kevin Jones give them 2 great weapons, but no one knows if Charles Rogers will ever play even half a season of football, ever. Miller gives them another young receiving option, and makes there offense overwhelming if Rogers plays to potential.

Also, they've got a solid young defense. Rogers, Lehman, Bailey, Cash, they've got a good base, but they need something else to get things working. I believe a change at QB and a good TE prospect could allow them to compete for the division with a few minor tweaks to that defense.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby my62ragtop » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:23 am

maddog60 wrote:I like the Lions taking Heath Miller at #10. First off, I think they'll pick up another QB who's better than Harrington and can actually run their offense, so they could hold off on drafting another franchise guy for now. Roy Williams and Kevin Jones give them 2 great weapons, but no one knows if Charles Rogers will ever play even half a season of football, ever. Miller gives them another young receiving option, and makes there offense overwhelming if Rogers plays to potential.

Why are people so quick to pull a QB and suggest teams should start over with another one?. There is a big learning curve for new quarterbacks in most systems. Harrington had his best year as a pro in '04. He thre for 3,047 yards and 19 touchdowns while only throwing 12 interceptions all improvements over '03. As a matter of fact his passing yards and touchdowns have improved every year since coming into the league. Part of the reason for the vast improvement in'04 has to be the addition of a running game with Kevin Jones now in the lineup. In past seasons who has lined up behind Harrington? James Stewart, Lamont Warren, Shanw Bryson, Artose Pinner; not exactly studs at their position. I think as long as he is improving he would remain my quarterback if I was the coach!
my62ragtop
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Goatwhacker » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:51 am

my62ragtop wrote:
Why are people so quick to pull a QB and suggest teams should start over with another one?. There is a big learning curve for new quarterbacks in most systems. Harrington had his best year as a pro in '04.

This is a good point, but in this case it may be the numbers look better than the actual product. Overall Harrington is thought of as a disappointment. The games I saw him play he did not seem to have the maturity you'd expect as this stage. As a comparison, I thought Rex Grossman showed more maturity and promise than Harrington did despite Grossman's numbers being much inferior, and I'm not a big Grossman fan by any stretch. Harrington's ability to miss or overthrow receivers is legendary even given that he is still a young QB.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk