2005 QB Rankings on Fanball.com - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2005 QB Rankings on Fanball.com

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Lung » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:55 pm

Azrael wrote:At this point, Manning and Culpepper could be argued to be interchangeable. McNabb is a distinct 3rd. I have Bulger 4th since he missed nearly 3 whole games with his shoulder. He'd be a solid No. 4 if it were not for that. Some of the others depend on some factors.

Consider that after rushing for a whopping ten TDs in '02 and four in '03, Culpepper only rushed for 2 TDs this whole year, so you can no longer favor Culpepper in leagues that award 6 points for rushing TDs and only 4 points per passing TD which favored Culpepper greatly in the past. Culpepper also gets sacked more than three times as often as Manning, if you're in leagues that take away points for sacks.

I'm a firm believer that Manning will throw many more TDs than Culpepper again next year, and would argue that they are NOT interchangeable unless you are in a league that offers significant yardage points such as 1 point per 5 or 10 rushing yards.

I'm also right with you on McNabb at third and Bulger at fourth. With the tandem of T. Holt and I. Bruce, along with the emergence of Steven Jackson and WR Kevin Curtis next year, I'm predicting a HUGE season for Bulger next year.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby South Park Cows » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:40 am

Brees is the definition of playing for a contract. Whether Drew tests the market, San Diego resigns him, or the Chargers see what they can get by signing and trading him, he will most likely bust next season like he's done in seasons past.
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk