Leinart to stay at USC! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Leinart to stay at USC!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:29 pm

This decision only proved one thing: Matt Leinart did not grow up in the ghetto.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:03 pm

Kensat30 wrote:This decision only proved one thing: Matt Leinart did not grow up in the ghetto.
USC=University of Spoiled Children.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:29 am

maddog60 wrote:

I think this is a huge career mistake. He had the #1 overall if not, then at least #2 overall pick as his draft spot for sure. Someone was going to take him and give him an enormous contract (see Rivers or Manning last year).

Now he's going to have the same problem Jason White had. How can he possibly generate any more or even keep the same level of interest from scouts as he had this year. He practically must, and I mean absolutely must, finish in first place, win the Bowl game, get Heismann honors again, and play practically perfect to not have his value drop.

The only way this move makes any sense is if he doesn't plan on having an NFL career.

I agree completely (except any implication that Leinart and White translate equally to the pro level). I understand reasons for going back but if you are guaranteed #1 or #2 money (almost certainly #1) how can you pass it up? I know he's insured but that still doesn't change anything. If football is truly what he wants in his future then the only decision is to go pro now and I don't care what team he is being drafted by. Niners should trade down once or even twice btw. QB is the least of their problems.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:42 am

Free Bagel wrote:I can only imagine the lays this guy gets at USC. Why give that up? ;)

Lol - good point, but sign a gazillion dollar contract with an NFL team and ya meet a pretty nice class of chicks too!!!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Previous

Return to Football Talk