Keeper League Strategy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Keeper League Strategy

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby OwenTheBlonde » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:20 am

Henry is shooting up the draft board and we don't even know where he's playing yet.
OwenTheBlonde
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Azrael » Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:47 pm

I was the champ of that league and I'll share my thoughts.
This is basically the team I won it with last year.

QB - Pennington/Collins/Volek
RB - Edge
RB - Thomas Jones/Goings
WR - Walker
WR - C. Johnson
WR - Wayne
TE - Crumpler
K - Akers
Def - Steelers

I'm definitely keeping Edge and CJ and probably Walker (want to see what Favre does), either him or Crumpler. I had a very strange way of winning this league, in that I was piss poor at QB with some magnificent situational play by Collins and Volek down the stretch and really not very good at my 2nd RB until Goings started posting solid numbers. However, I had premier WRs, TE, K, and a Def that were very consistent for me most of the year.

I believe you keep your best core of players. I think Thomas Jones can bounce back next year but I think I can still get him pretty cheap again next year as well...not so with Walker or CJ. Those guys are probably mid 3rd rounders at worst. Wayne and Crumpler are probably late 3rd-early 5th round picks too. But I think Walker and CJ are my best options to keep with Edge.

That being said, I think you have to decide who you think will be a more solid player next year, Brown or Gates. As you can see, a stud TE was huge for me. The fact that I had top notch guys at all other areas of my team helped me overcome a crappy QB and lackluster 2nd RB positions.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:03 pm

Azrael wrote:I was the champ of that league and I'll share my thoughts.
This is basically the team I won it with last year.

QB - Pennington/Collins/Volek
RB - Edge
RB - Thomas Jones/Goings
WR - Walker
WR - C. Johnson
WR - Wayne
TE - Crumpler
K - Akers
Def - Steelers

I'm definitely keeping Edge and CJ and probably Walker (want to see what Favre does), either him or Crumpler. I had a very strange way of winning this league, in that I was poor at QB with some magnificent situational play by Collins and Volek down the stretch and really not very good at my 2nd RB until Goings started posting solid numbers. However, I had premier WRs, TE, K, and a Def that were very consistent for me most of the year.

I believe you keep your best core of players. I think Thomas Jones can bounce back next year but I think I can still get him pretty cheap again next year as well...not so with Walker or CJ. Those guys are probably mid 3rd rounders at worst. Wayne and Crumpler are probably late 3rd-early 5th round picks too. But I think Walker and CJ are my best options to keep with Edge.

That being said, I think you have to decide who you think will be a more solid player next year, Brown or Gates. As you can see, a stud TE was huge for me. The fact that I had top notch guys at all other areas of my team helped me overcome a crappy QB and lackluster 2nd RB positions.

holy crap your recievers are off the hook. How in the world did you get all three of them??
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Azrael » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:10 pm

CJ and Walker were my 2nd and 4th round picks. Reggie Wayne wasn't very highly touted this year if you remember. I got him in the 8th. I think he and Walker breaking out this year were killers for my team.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Previous

Return to Football Talk