Refs 7, Vikings 0 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Refs 7, Vikings 0

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Demented Avenger » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:40 pm

Bennett4Prez wrote:Tying the Steelers with the likes of the Cowboys (5-3 SB record) and the 49ers (5-0 SB record) for Superbowl rings. That way, people will STOP TALKING ABOUT SUPERBOWL RINGS.

No, it just means Cowboys and 49er fans will be joined by Steelers fans (the difference being Steelers fans won't NEED to live in the past like me and Rush do).
"The signature"
Demented Avenger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:00 pm

That's always the argument thrown up by Eagle fan. "Stop living in the past".

Eagles are going to lose their 4th straight championship game. That's even worse than the Bills losing 4 straight Super Bowls. Ah hahaha.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:21 pm

bagobonez wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:These are getting really tiresome, I never see you posting at the Cafe except to rant about some invented Eagles bias by all the referees.

there's not much else to chat about considering fantasy season is over. If you don't like my anti-Eagle threads, you don't have to read them.

You don't have to ask me twice.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:46 pm

bagobonez wrote:That's always the argument thrown up by Eagle fan. "Stop living in the past".

Eagles are going to lose their 4th straight championship game. That's even worse than the Bills losing 4 straight Super Bowls. Ah hahaha.

god you are obnoxious.

stop living in the past is relevant, your team stinks.

and what other than hate and the "vick experience" leads you to think the eagles will lose? objective anlaysis doesn't support that conclusion at all.

eagles d is better, eagles o is better. special teams are a wash (and that is generous)

falcons have a whole extra sack on the eagles for the season, but 30 of their 48 came at home.

they have a feared rushing attack, but it isn;t methodical like other teams, so the effect isn't appreciably different than a pass. vick and dunn aren't going to bang up a defense.

historically the eagles corral dunn, and have bottled vick up with slower personnel.

use your head.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bagobonez » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:38 pm

eaglesrule wrote:
bagobonez wrote:That's always the argument thrown up by Eagle fan. "Stop living in the past".

god you are obnoxious.

and what other than hate and the "vick experience" leads you to think the eagles will lose? objective anlaysis doesn't support that conclusion at all.

eagles d is better, eagles o is better. special teams are a wash (and that is generous)

falcons have a whole extra sack on the eagles for the season, but 30 of their 48 came at home.

they have a feared rushing attack, but it isn;t methodical like other teams, so the effect isn't appreciably different than a pass. vick and dunn aren't going to bang up a defense.

historically the eagles corral dunn, and have bottled vick up with slower personnel.

use your head.

Oh, I don't know, maybe it's the fact that they've lost 3 straight championship games, two of which were at home where they were heavily favored to win. Maybe it's the fact that McNabb is the biggest choker in the world when it comes to championship games. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that they have no Terrell Owens, and they may not get their lucky "LJ Smith fumbles into the hands of Freddie Mitchell who just happens to be in the end zone" dumb luck.

Even if they do get past Atlanta, New England's going to embarass them in front of what will probably be a record number of viewers.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Nilmerf » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:35 pm

I dunno about you guys, but I think I'm sold on the Michael Vick experience. I love watching him play.

There's too many haters out there nowadays. Too much "your team sucks because.." and stuff. Why don't we all just enjoy football and focus on the positives and exciting aspects.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:22 am

Nilmerf wrote:I dunno about you guys, but I think I'm sold on the Michael Vick experience. I love watching him play.

There's too many haters out there nowadays. Too much "your team sucks because.." and stuff. Why don't we all just enjoy football and focus on the positives and exciting aspects.

the only reason ive ever hated on vick was because he was overhyped, and i get tired of hearing "how good he will be" or "just wait til he learns the west coast offense" . i love watching him play, he is very exciting. i really hope he turns out to be great qb, its good for football. ;-D :-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Demented Avenger » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:33 am

Nilmerf wrote:There's too many haters out there nowadays. Too much "your team sucks because.." and stuff. Why don't we all just enjoy football and focus on the positives and exciting aspects.

Agreed. I also agree with you about Michael Vick. I think the Falcons will win it all. Why? Because the Seahawks suck!!!! ;-)

Seriously, though, I think the Falcons have a good chance against the Eagles. Their weakness on defense is passing, and TO will be out. I know the Rams don't have the best special teams, but with the way Rossum played last week, you have to think they'll get some pretty decent field position, which will be nice for their ball-control offense. If Atlanta gets ahead, Philly could be in trouble. I think the only problem is Vick's passing game, which actually looked pretty good to me last week (again against the Rams, I know, but he passed for almost 300 in the playoffs 2 years ago vs. the Eagles). Also, I don't buy this whole "AFC is way better than the NFC" thing. All that matters is the best AFC team vs. the best NFC team, not the .600 (or whatever it was) winning percentage in the regular season.

And bagobonez, if you were smart, you'd root FOR the Eagles, because then you could argue the only reason you didn't make the playoffs is because you had to play in the same division as the best team in football, kind of like in college football where traditional rivals root for teams from their conference in the bowl games. Damn that dependent clause!!!
"The signature"
Demented Avenger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:16 pm

Demented Avenger wrote:
Nilmerf wrote:There's too many haters out there nowadays. Too much "your team sucks because.." and stuff. Why don't we all just enjoy football and focus on the positives and exciting aspects.

And bagobonez, if you were smart, you'd root FOR the Eagles, because then you could argue the only reason you didn't make the playoffs is because you had to play in the same division as the best team in football, kind of like in college football where traditional rivals root for teams from their conference in the bowl games. Damn that dependent clause!!!

Well, that wouldn't make up for the fact that the other two division opponents both finished 6-10. Dallas didn't make the playoffs because Parcells overated the talent on the team, and Vinny Testaverde ended up being no better than Quincy Carter. Dallas split the games with Philly last year, and almost beat them once this year.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:23 pm

eaglesrule wrote:

god you are obnoxious.

use your head.

Wow, and I thought the whole Viking/Packer thing was the most hate filled rivalry in the NFL. We're just one big love fest compared to these guys!! Kind of fun sitting back and watching these other guys go at it. Pass the popcorn Canadian Cheesehead, anymore Pepsi there TTT Bone? I'm feeling the love for you guys!!
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting