This afternoons Superbowl - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

This afternoons Superbowl

Moderator: Football Moderators

This afternoons Superbowl

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:30 pm

My clever title means that whoever wins the Indy NE game will win the Superbowl. I say this only because (these are all opinions, no facts)

- (If NE wins) big ben showed the playoff pressure has clearly gotten to him. The steelers relied on their run game, which will not be nearly as effective against the Pats. Ne should beat Pitt.

- (If indy wins) Manning wil of proved that he can take apart even the best of D's, and i guarantee he will expose Pittsburgh's overrated seconday (i say overrated because its not tested enough) and Ben will not be able to compete in a shootout.

In other words, i bet either one of these teams will beat Pittsburgh next week. Then they play the NFC champ. The word on TO is not good at all, and without him i dont thikn philie (or atlanta) will stand much of a chance against either the patriots or the colts.

Agree if you want, disagree if you want, i think the winner of this afternoons game will have smooth sailing the rest of the way.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:05 pm

I totally agree. IND and NE are the 2 strongest teams in the NFL. It's too bad that they're both in the AFC, cause it would be a great superbowl if they played each other.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:33 pm

well the word from WIP is that jsut last week, TO was in flip flops walking without crtuches. he may not play in the bowl (should the eagles make it that far) but he is ahead of schedule.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Turnip » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:34 pm

I disagree. I say this is the real AFC championship. To me it's

1. NE
2. Philly
3. Indy
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:28 pm

I agree to some extent if indy wins this I think they will win the superbowl quite easily. But if New England wins I see them losing to Philly in the bowl.

But this is the real AFC championship
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby s0meguy » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:14 pm

Steelers > NE > Indy > Falcons > Philly > ^ *

In other words, no matter what happens this week or next the NFC is going to get stomped on this year
Ragin Cajuns on year #4
s0meguy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:25 pm

falcons superior to philly? why? the three afc teams (given that owens is out) I can totally understand. although it seems the colts being better is irrelevant right now ...

but atlanta? based on what? their "dynamic qb"? the guy only passed over 220 yards once, and didn't crack 100 last night. In case you didn't notice, that team was two wins less than philly, got stomped for 56 against kc and got shut out versus tampa. it also almost lost to both NO and carolina (whom incidentally, philly stomped when the cats were relatively healthy).

The eagles were superior to them in offense and defense, and in terms of points scored, significantly better. the eagles are also right up there with them in terms of sacks and turn over ratio.

They have a mobile, yet more developed qb. say what you will about mitchell, pinkston and lews, but price, finneran et al don't seem much better. eagles db's are better, special teams are better.

the falcons will score on the eagles, but the vikes O ain't chopped liver, and they didn't exactly light up.

Let's not forget that viks has about as many turnovers as td's this year and gets sacked a lot.

and the eagles special teams are not what the rams are.

it might be tight, but seriosuly, by what metric are the falcons better other than some nebulous reference to the vick factor? (incidentally, the eagles beat them once -- and the eagles are relatively better this year then that year)

it simply ain't logical, unless its a hunch.

I'll put it this way -- as an eagles fan, I am particulary aware of the limitations that a running, athletic qb backed by a very good/great defense brings. I've seen it with randall, I've seen it with the early donovan years. It does end up having its limitations. its not as if the eagles d doesn't practice against a guy like that everyday in practice.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Turnip » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:27 pm

I'd like to say I agree that the Eagles are very much better than the Falcons...if you're looking for the point of view from someone who isn't an iggle fan.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk