Dear Peyton Manning, - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Dear Peyton Manning,

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby treat24 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:16 pm

RE: Vikings Homers:

i really wish i was around during the week because a lot of people seem to be attacking me for things other people did or said this week...

the eagles played a great game and dominated the vikes today... i can accept that...

manning is a better QB than Cpepp (cpepp makes too many errors)

please don't attack me anymore for things people said this week... IT WASN'T ME!
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Transmogrifier » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:30 pm

treat24 wrote:RE: Vikings Homers:

i really wish i was around during the week because a lot of people seem to be attacking me for things other people did or said this week...

the eagles played a great game and dominated the vikes today... i can accept that...

manning is a better QB than Cpepp (cpepp makes too many errors)

please don't attack me anymore for things people said this week... IT WASN'T ME!

I'm pretty sure I didn't attack you. Nor did I take the people in here attacking me, as a Pats fan. My point is that not all of a teams fan base are jerks, but every fan base has a good number of them...
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:16 pm

oh, I'd say a good portion of eagles fans are jerks...

weird thing is, despite this season, I think vikes fans are kindred spirits with eagles fans. robust fan base, years of disppointment, some championship game chokes (falcons, giants), some notorious defenses that haven't won .. . to bad the vikes are going through their "kotite years" except problem is they have a good team, which makes it more galling.

as for new england -- well, I think the snobby football 'tude comes from all the years of red sox failure. But, now I worry they are becoming like new york fans. they did have the celts, the pats, and now the sox. no more "woe is us"

i don't know, I want NE to win this game. Let manning get something in his head (if it ain't there already).

I am hoping for a pats/philly bowl showdown.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:19 pm

eaglesrule wrote:oh, I'd say a good portion of eagles fans are jerks...

weird thing is, despite this season, I think vikes fans are kindred spirits with eagles fans. robust fan base, years of disppointment, some championship game chokes (falcons, giants), some notorious defenses that haven't won .. . to bad the vikes are going through their "kotite years" except problem is they have a good team, which makes it more galling.

as for new england -- well, I think the snobby football 'tude comes from all the years of red sox failure. But, now I worry they are becoming like new york fans. they did have the celts, the pats, and now the sox. no more "woe is us"

i don't know, I want NE to win this game. Let manning get something in his head (if it ain't there already).

I am hoping for a pats/philly bowl showdown.

by the way eaglesrule...congrats on the win. i remember a topic a couple of months ago about GB-eagles...looks like you were right ;-D :-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:31 pm

Dear Tom,

Let Dillon rush one in, then constantly spike the ball and throw interceptions.

Love, Mark
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby awwchrist » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:45 pm

Dear Manning, don't you wish you could move the ball outdoors in the playoffs?

You make me laugh.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Transmogrifier » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:49 pm

awwchrist wrote:Dear Manning, don't you wish you could move the ball outdoors in the playoffs?

You make me laugh.

LMAO.

That was funny.

But, it's only ten, and there's a lot of time left...

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby warrick95 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:49 pm

I want to see NE lose badly. They're probably the team I hate the most in the NFL. Bostonians complain all the time about losing...y'all have won two of the last three SBs and the Sox won the WS. That's enough for the next few decades. I'm sick of seeing Boston teams win.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby Nilmerf » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:52 pm

warrick95 wrote:I want to see NE lose badly. They're probably the team I hate the most in the NFL. Bostonians complain all the time about losing...y'all have won two of the last three SBs and the Sox won the WS. That's enough for the next few decades. I'm sick of seeing Boston teams win.

Best case scenario is that the Patriots beat the Colts, ending all of the excessive Peyton Manning talk (and ensuring him as the next Dan Marino)..

And then the Steelers beat the Patriots, ending all of the Boston talk.. helping Jerome to retire as a Super Bowl champ and Roethlisberger to set all kinds of rookie records with a perfect season. ;-D
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Transmogrifier » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:00 pm

warrick95 wrote:I want to see NE lose badly. They're probably the team I hate the most in the NFL. Bostonians complain all the time about losing...y'all have won two of the last three SBs and the Sox won the WS. That's enough for the next few decades. I'm sick of seeing Boston teams win.

You'll never hear me complain.

Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting