Fassel to be Ravens OC..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fassel to be Ravens OC.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SheLovesFootball » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:20 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:What was Fassel doing last year?

here is how the Ravens describe his job as Senior Consulant/Offense

Jim Fassel, a former NFL Coach of the Year, joined the Baltimore Ravens as a senior consultant on February 4, 2004. Fassel works with Ravens quarterbacks, develops game plans, and is an advisor to the offense. The former head coach of the New York Giants (1997-2003), took his 2000 team to the playoffs and Super Bowl XXXV, where the Giants eventually lost to the Baltimore Ravens, and Jim's friend, Brian Billick. This marks the first time in NFL history that two Super Bowl head coaches are on the same coaching staff.
SheLovesFootball
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Transmogrifier » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:21 pm

SheLovesFootball wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:What was Fassel doing last year?

here is how the Ravens describe his job as Senior Consulant/Offense

Jim Fassel, a former NFL Coach of the Year, joined the Baltimore Ravens as a senior consultant on February 4, 2004. Fassel works with Ravens quarterbacks, develops game plans, and is an advisor to the offense. The former head coach of the New York Giants (1997-2003), took his 2000 team to the playoffs and Super Bowl XXXV, where the Giants eventually lost to the Baltimore Ravens, and Jim's friend, Brian Billick. This marks the first time in NFL history that two Super Bowl head coaches are on the same coaching staff.

Thanks.
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:36 pm

I believe I mentioned this after Cavanaugh was fired, but certain people shot it down. I didnt see why at the time. He knows the personnel, knows the offemse and knows the head coach. Seemed perfect to me.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SheLovesFootball » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:40 pm

portisfan24 wrote:I believe I mentioned this after Cavanaugh was fired, but certain people shot it down. I didnt see why at the time. He knows the personnel, knows the offemse and knows the head coach. Seemed perfect to me.

Many of us agreed with that assessment, but Fassel made it clear that he wanted to be a HC.. no offers and I think he realizes he needs to be in a visible position to gain a HC job.. But you are correct.. .this is the perfect transition.... especially if Mike Nolan the DC gets a job.. that would be a hit to the coaching staff!

Pats lose their OC and now possibly their DC ... wonder how they will manage! Belicheck is AMAZING!!
SheLovesFootball
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dave416 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:48 pm

Better than Cavanaugh or whoever called the plays on that team. I know their offensive personnel leaves a lot to be desired, but they were still much too conservative. I was at the Cincy at Baltimore game where Cincy was down 17 late only to comeback and win. The offensive playcalling down the stretch for Bmore in that game was atrocious. Maybe this will change things.
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Previous

Return to Football Talk