Pats @ Steelers for AFC Championship. Steelers are done!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Pats @ Steelers for AFC Championship. Steelers are done!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby water boy » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:14 am

i think the pats will make big ben feel like uncle ben after they beat pitt on sunday.
water boy
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 3057
Joined: 16 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: san francisco ca

Postby chcbb » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:48 am

well it will be a closer game than the pats-colts but in the end i just can't see the steelers pulling this one off. the pats defense will learn from their mistakes last time and yes, god forbid, having a healthy dillon in the game will indeed make a difference in this game. that run game is crucial for setting up the pats offensive attack as a whole. i know it's hard for steelers fans to admit, but i think it's just because you're all nervous...
but with that said, it's gonna be a helluva game, and i don't think you could be suprised if either team wins.
chcbb
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 501
Joined: 12 May 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby davus » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:00 am

chcbb wrote:well it will be a closer game than the pats-colts but in the end i just can't see the steelers pulling this one off. the pats defense will learn from their mistakes last time and yes, god forbid, having a healthy dillon in the game will indeed make a difference in this game. that run game is crucial for setting up the pats offensive attack as a whole. i know it's hard for steelers fans to admit, but i think it's just because you're all nervous...
but with that said, it's gonna be a helluva game, and i don't think you could be suprised if either team wins.


Don't forget that the Steelers are #1 in the league at stopping the run. I think you Pats fans are overestimating what Dillon will be able to do for you in this game. He will definitely help, but the Steelers are more healthy this time around too.

I don't think Steelers fans are any more nervous than Pats fans are about this one, bro.

Keep in mind that the Jets and Martin have a better running game than the Pats with Dillon. We shut down the Jets running game twice now.
davus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 119
Joined: 21 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davus » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:03 am

34=Sweetness wrote:I hate both these teams so I hope either the Eagles or Falcons upset them in the Super Bowl.


As a Bears fan I'm sure you can't stand ANY team who has had a winning record any time in the past decade.

:-b
davus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 119
Joined: 21 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby black_hawk8888 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:13 am

I don't care what you crazy Stellar fans say - if Big Ben plays anything like last Saturday, the Pats will beat the Steelers. Gotta have a qb that can get it done in the playoffs as the Colts demonstrated yesterday. I really can't believe all the smack that Pittsburgh fans are talking after they got a late Christmas present from Doug Brien. The Jets had em beat and gave it away - in Heinz field. Nobody disputes the fact that Brady and Co. are a much better team than the Jets. I'm not saying the Pats will blow them away, I'm saying that if the Steelers don't get up early and have the luxury of pounding the rock, then they have to win with Ben. Anyway, if I had to bet money on this game, it would be on the Pats. They are undefeated in the playoffs in the Brady era. Why bet against them???
Image
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2318
Joined: 22 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby davus » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:20 am

black_hawk8888 wrote:I don't care what you crazy Stellar fans say - if Big Ben plays anything like last Saturday, the Pats will beat the Steelers. Gotta have a qb that can get it done in the playoffs as the Colts demonstrated yesterday. I really can't believe all the smack that Pittsburgh fans are talking after they got a late Christmas present from Doug Brien. The Jets had em beat and gave it away - in Heinz field. Nobody disputes the fact that Brady and Co. are a much better team than the Jets. I'm not saying the Pats will blow them away, I'm saying that if the Steelers don't get up early and have the luxury of pounding the rock, then they have to win with Ben. Anyway, if I had to bet money on this game, it would be on the Pats. They are undefeated in the playoffs in the Brady era. Why bet against them???


If the Patriots play anything like they played against Miami a few weeks ago, they will lose this game.

That makes about as much sense as this constant chirping about Ben sucking because he didn't have his best games against the Jets. This Steelers fan has news for you. The Jets defense is better than the Patriots defense. Ben did just fine against the Patriots last time they met, if you recall

I'm just glad that the Patriot fans thing this thing is in the bag...because that will ultimately prove to be their downfall, just as happened to the Steelers in 2001. They took the Patriots too lightly and got burned. Everybody is saying that you may as well write the Patriots in for Jacksonville now, because it is over. You talk about smack? Give me a break, thats all the Pats fans ever talk.

That won't change until they get beat again.
davus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 119
Joined: 21 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby black_hawk8888 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:50 am

It is only by the grace of the football gods that your precious steelers have the privilege of walking on the same field as the Patriots this weekend. They were beaten - twice. However, Doug Brien decided to pull a Bill Buckner - twice. The Pats beat a far better team in a far more convincing manner. Like I said, Big Ben better do more than his typical 175 yds, 1td, and 2 ints. Brady vs. Ben is a horrible mismatch for the Steelers. The Patriots are out for revenge and you know Vinatieri won't choke.
Image
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2318
Joined: 22 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby davus » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:14 pm

black_hawk8888 wrote:It is only by the grace of the football gods that your precious steelers have the privilege of walking on the same field as the Patriots this weekend. They were beaten - twice. However, Doug Brien decided to pull a Bill Buckner - twice. The Pats beat a far better team in a far more convincing manner. Like I said, Big Ben better do more than his typical 175 yds, 1td, and 2 ints. Brady vs. Ben is a horrible mismatch for the Steelers. The Patriots are out for revenge and you know Vinatieri won't choke.


Um, that was hardly a typical Roethlisburger performance, bro. You might want to check your info a little better. Also, the Colts suck very hard outdoors and particularly in bad weather. That is the ONLY resson the Patriots were able to win.

Yes, the Steelers did get lucky. So did the Jets. The Steelers dominated them except for a lucky punt return for a TD and an interception return for a TD. Take away to big lucky plays and the Steelers spanked the Jets.

I'll tell you this. I am not worried at all about the Patriots. That's not to say that they can't or won't beat the Steelers....but I think the Steelers will have their destiny in their own control.

I love now people like you discredit Big Ben for a couple of lackluster games in his rookie year...not allowing for him to make some mistakes under the pressure of his first playoff game in his rookie season. He got his jitters out. He played better than Brady in probably 12 of his 15 starts. You clowns just can't stand to see him do well, for some dumb reason.

If Pittsburgh sticks to its' gameplan and pounds to ball, passing at opportune times and avoids special teams breakdowns THEY WILL WIN THIS GAME. Ben doesn't have to be perfect, but he does have to play better than last week. That is a given. That is easily within his capabilities, as much as you rabid Steeler haters love to deny his incredible season...the boy has the skills.

;-D
davus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 119
Joined: 21 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby black_hawk8888 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:29 pm

You sound nervous - don't worry, I would be too if I was a Steelers fan after watching Big Ben on Saturday :)
Image
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2318
Joined: 22 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby nsulham » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:02 pm

Damn Davus, not giving the Pats any credit or anything? I know you're confident in your team but damn. You can't say "Team X has better A than Team Z and Team Y shut them down, so we'll win". Just can't do it. Different teams, different personnel. Just like people shouldn't really say Ben will be eaten alive by NE based on his performance last week.

I've said it before: until proven otherwise, the Pats are the team to beat. How many times do they have to prove people wrong?

I take NOTHING away from the Steelers and hell, they could very well win this game, easily. The homefield advantage definitely worries me.

But the Pats have been bet against before and proved everyone wrong. Just don't start crying if they do it again.
Image
New England Patriots
The 53-man Dynasty
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 726
Joined: 26 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Your mom

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 9:19 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact